Election 08...where does NC stand now? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Election 08...where does NC stand now?

Grayson
11-04-2008, 20:53
Results still coming in, Pat McCroy is neck to neck with Bev Perdue. Pat is a Rep, but the NRA endorsed Bev...!

So...regardless of just how hard we're boned on the national stage, think there's any chance of some good reform to NC STATE gun laws?

Getting rid of the "no CCW in ANY place that serves booze, and at any place that charges $$$ to get inside," sounds like a good start...

carolinajohn63
11-08-2008, 13:10
Results still coming in, Pat McCroy is neck to neck with Bev Perdue. Pat is a Rep, but the NRA endorsed Bev...!

So...regardless of just how hard we're boned on the national stage, think there's any chance of some good reform to NC STATE gun laws?

Getting rid of the "no CCW in ANY place that serves booze, and at any place that charges $$$ to get inside," sounds like a good start...

Well. This is gonna be a challenge. It looks like many a democrat won seats or retained their seats. I continue to pound on the doors of all the representation here in NC. I was disappointed even with the Republican candidates that ran in regards to their stance on my right to keep and bear arms.

Will Breazeale ran against Mike McIntyre (D), and when I talked to him (Breazeale) on the phone he made the statement that he was a combat war vet and knew how important it was to be able to keep and bear arms. He supports the right to CHL but whre he lacks is that he does not feel that anyone has the right to purchase large caliber weapons such as .50cal. I argued at length with him that the government has no right to tell me what I can and cannot purchase with regards to firearms as I am a law abiding citizen who easily clears any form of background check.

Mike Lee lost his bid to Julia Boseman...oh my...I cannot even begin to understand the intelligence of some voters. Voting the staight ticket set all of us so far behind!! Mike Lee, the republican candidate in my district for NC Senate refused to fill out the questionaire sent out by GRNC regarding positional stances on gun rights. I received an email from him stating he did not submit to any forms sent to him that originated outside his district. What a goof!!!! Gun legislation affects the entire state and he does not feel it necessary to respond to valid questions. So, he lost by just a couple thousand votes...I wonder how many gun owners just refused to punch the ticket for either candidate? I made it clear to him that he should consider ALL issues. He understands at least from this writer, how much I value the right to defend myself and my family.

So, even when politicians state they support your rights....ask yourself, "do they fully understand my rights and do they totally support my rights."

Now having a democratic Governor, Representative, Senator, and NC State Senator, the road will be difficult to get these bizarre restrictions eliminated.

Willing to fight for my rights!!!

This election was the first time I made the choice not to vote for either candidate based on their unwillingness to commit to the the total support of my second amendment rights.

NC should follow Ohio's lead. Ohio, just a few years ago, got CHL passed. It was very restrictive. Worse than NC. But, their grass roots organization, www.ofcc.net (http://www.ofcc.net), refused to let it be. After a mere two years, OHIO now allows for even the ability of license holders to pick their kids up from the schools, armed. They have upheld that the State cannot prevent anyone from legally carrying concealed in parks owned by the state, counties or cities. In Ohio one can carry concealed at parades, places that charge admission and there is no such common law like NC's ridiculous "going armed to the terror of the public."

People need to exert more pressur on our leaders. This is no time to roll over and play dead!

NC looks communistic compared to Ohio with regards to our gun laws.

Old School
11-26-2008, 11:55
From a RKBA perspective, worse than before the election. I have no joy in typing that, it's just the truth.