How many apply for SPECIAL HUNTS ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How many apply for SPECIAL HUNTS ?

allhowl
08-07-2002, 06:28
In Okla. I apply every year for the special elk and deer hunts where only so many "lucky hunters" get selected. I have been selected for the elk hunt (cow), & several of the archery, black powder & gun hunts for deer. I was on the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Elk hunt & after harvesting a nice cow elk had to quarter her up & move her to the nearest road. Anyway I was so worn out that when I walked within 20 ft. of a Bull Buffalo (carrying out a quarter) that I wouldn't have been able to run away to save my life. God watched over me as He always has & the old bull just watched me. ;e

Sharker
08-07-2002, 07:17
I apply for Maine moose tags every year, but I never get them. Oh well. My friend just applied for a florida Gator tag. I am not sure what the odds are on that, but it seems like alot of work for a gator to me. I want to get an elk some day. I hear how big and beautiful they are and am dying to see first hand.

mado
08-07-2002, 20:07
This is the second year I've applied for PA's elk hunt. Hopefully I'll be one of the lucky 30 this year!