Ammo in Northern VA/Southern MD [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ammo in Northern VA/Southern MD

Lotus000
11-05-2008, 14:16
Guys and gals,

I need to purchase some .40 S&W ammo (both range ammo and carry) for my 23. What's the best Wal-Mart to go in the NoVA and Southern MD area (metro DC) for this? The big-box stores around the DC area seem iffy as to what they carry and don't carry, so first-hand knowledge is much appreciated.

byf43
11-05-2008, 14:41
Guys and gals,

I need to purchase some .40 S&W ammo (both range ammo and carry) for my 23. What's the best Wal-Mart to go in the NoVA and Southern MD area (metro DC) for this? The big-box stores around the DC area seem iffy as to what they carry and don't carry, so first-hand knowledge is much appreciated.

Winchester White Box (WWB) at Wally World is usually relatively inexpensive.
While I don't buy .40 S&W, the 9mm and .45 acp are reasonable.
Also, Wally World in the area should be close to the same price.

You should have come out to Upper Marlboro last weekend, to the Showplace Arena, to the 'funshow'!

Since you are in DC, can you order online?????

Lastly, FWIW, there is a 'funshow' at the Frederick Fairgrounds this weekend.
I'm making the 60+ mile drive from So. MD on Saturday morning.

watsoncb
11-06-2008, 02:07
There is a gun show in Chantilly, VA (Nations Gun Show) in a couple of weeks. You can by .40SW there.

Aroooo
11-06-2008, 05:56
For WWB ammo, the WalMart in Kingstown is usually well stocked, and reasonably priced. I buy most of my .40S&W there. Don't know what their defensive ammo selections are (probably the typical assortment). For defensive ammo, I usually stock up at the quarterly gun show in Chantilly.

ArmedDefense
11-28-2008, 07:31
I can recommend Dick's Sporting Goods at the Dulles Mall. They have regularly deals.
Have bought mostly 9mm, but they have a decent selection. Doesn't hurt to call them up before you go there.