Best gun shops in the piedmont area? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best gun shops in the piedmont area?

cburgin
11-05-2008, 21:51
Just as the title says. Places near statesville, Mooresville, Charlotte, etc..Who has the best selection and prices? I am looking for aks, sks', good hang gun prices etc...

alphajaguars
11-06-2008, 04:12
Duncans or Ed and Dale's in N. Wilkesboro.

A little further to drive, but the selections are good.

Duncans also has an indoor range, up to 100 yards, that you get to use for free when you buy a gun.

cburgin
11-06-2008, 06:59
I know where both of these are. Ed and Dales isnt to high but Duncans is rediculous on price for most things I have seen.

alphajaguars
11-06-2008, 07:08
Depends on what you are looking for.

Ed and Dales seems to be better on rifles and ammo, but Duncan's is better on handguns.

cburgin
11-06-2008, 09:26
mostly assault rifles and such things of this nature

alphajaguars
11-06-2008, 14:56
Take a peak at both, but Duncan's normally has a larger selection of those than Ed and Dale's.

Of course, I think Ed and Dale's still has a back store room like they had at their old place, too ;)

Beware Owner
11-06-2008, 20:51
If you go to Charlotte, Hyatt's Gun Shop can be pricey and have so-so customer service. If you go to Firepower, their customer service is horrible, but somewhat better prices. In Gaston County, you have Shooter's Express, good prices, some days they're in a good mood, others, not so much. And then you have Carolina Sporting Arms, so-so customer service, good prices. Throughout all of them, however, I have noticed an aversion against minorities. Treated me well, though.

cburgin
11-07-2008, 20:34
Where are the best price you guys have found on ARs? I am in the mood for one now..

alphajaguars
11-07-2008, 21:14
Duncan's had one, Olympic Arms maybe, for around $700 or $800 last week.

Of course, that was last week....

Rob1035
11-09-2008, 09:33
I use Firepower alot, and I use John (either manager or asst manager, "Tattoo John") exclusively, he doesn't BS me, and makes it worth my while.

The Gun Rack is good in Kernersville.

Shooter's Express is decent I guess, but like any shop, you have to wade through a bunch of morons to get someone who knows something.

I'm try to stay away from shops for the time being, a lot of hysteria going on, warranted or not...

Beware Owner
11-09-2008, 11:17
I use Firepower alot, and I use John (either manager or asst manager, "Tattoo John") exclusively, he doesn't BS me, and makes it worth my while.

Shooter's Express is decent I guess, but like any shop, you have to wade through a bunch of morons to get someone who knows something.

Tattoo John is the only cool guy there. The rest are a worthless clot of human cells. Just check their ratings online and ask around.

As far as Hyatt's, well, in all gun shops you have people lacking in the knowledge department. Still, their customer service is good. They'll treat you right.

MrsKitty
11-09-2008, 11:28
You willing to drive a little further for long guns? Like 5 miles or so into Virginia just north of Mount Airy? Rabbit Ridge has good prices.

www.rabbitridge.biz

triggerpresser
11-11-2008, 17:24
If you go to Charlotte, Hyatt's Gun Shop can be pricey and have so-so customer service. If you go to Firepower, their customer service is horrible, but somewhat better prices. In Gaston County, you have Shooter's Express, good prices, some days they're in a good mood, others, not so much. And then you have Carolina Sporting Arms, so-so customer service, good prices. Throughout all of them, however, I have noticed an aversion against minorities. Treated me well, though.

I have been in all of the shops you mention plenty of times and have never noticed an aversion to minorities. In fact, at least one of the shops mentioned built their business catering to minorities.
As for prices, I have bought from most of these shops and found that while sticker prices may vary, negotiating will usually equalize the prices.

Beware Owner
11-12-2008, 10:28
I have been in all of the shops you mention plenty of times and have never noticed an aversion to minorities. In fact, at least one of the shops mentioned built their business catering to minorities.
As for prices, I have bought from most of these shops and found that while sticker prices may vary, negotiating will usually equalize the prices.

That was probably Hyatt's doing the catering. For being the largest retailer, they have the most employees. However, those that I did notice the aversion from, are not there anymore.

civilwarguns
11-18-2008, 20:14
The Great Outdoors in Cherryville, NC. is the place to go, good price and good to deal with. A great gun stock, they have about every thing that you need. Guns-Bows-hunting items-fishing. Cherryville is only about 40mins. west of Charlotte near Gastonia-Shelby- Kings Mtn.

LAURAPDG26
11-20-2008, 13:15
I want to second The Gun Rack in K-ville. The staff there were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Very fair prices from what I could tell and for a first gun purchaser, they made me very comfortable. I will definitely use them again.

purpledragonlily
11-21-2008, 22:39
I didn't see it mentioned, but there is a Firepower in Monroe now too, right off 74. I bought my Glock 19 there a few months ago and go to the range there as well. I like them better than the Matthews store. Not quite as much inventory, but good prices and nice people.

*ASH*
11-26-2008, 21:04
i was at eds in vass nc the other day. i was checking out the keltec folding rifle for 300 bucks ,and 4 people there working did not know how to collapse the stock roflmao :rofl::rofl::rofl: eds used to be good but jims in fayetteville beat eds prices everytime im buying. and if you find cheaper then jims they will price match .

LarryNC
01-13-2009, 19:59
Try "The Aisle" pawnshop in downtown Mooresville. Ask for Bob.

Short Bus
01-13-2009, 23:10
Try "The Aisle" pawnshop in downtown Mooresville. Ask for Bob.

I have been told this exact same thing. I have not been there yet, but I would really like to go sometime.

Short Bus
01-13-2009, 23:13
Here is the link

http://www.aislepawn.com/index.htm

xiph0s
01-14-2009, 06:24
there is a little gun store called Gunworks in downtown Salisbury, NC on Innes street. I bought my last glock from them. Called and ordered a G26 with factory night sights NIB $600 out the door. Ordered it on Tuesday and picked it up on friday. Nice people. Small shop but has good prices and a small but good selection in the store. If not, they can get you whatever you are looking for.

marcernst
01-14-2009, 06:42
The Gun Rack is good in Kernersville.

i agree, they have the best prices in our area

geardownson
01-15-2009, 12:05
I bought my AR-15 and military mossburg in Salisbury.
They have two gun stores very close together out there with a wide variety of arms.
Prices are very competitive as well.

NCGlock23
01-29-2009, 22:45
http://www.ozarkguns.com/ Located in Gastonia NC. Will even handle gunbroker.com purchases 15 dollar transfer fee. Nice website for local too!

geardownson
02-01-2009, 10:27
15 bucks is pretty darn good.
I have mine done in winston for 20.

trugracie
02-20-2009, 01:00
Where are the best price you guys have found on ARs? I am in the mood for one now..

Eagle Guns in Concord. 704-788-9013
Seen AR15's as low as $700.