Anyone know a USMC General? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a USMC General?

Everest
11-07-2008, 16:27
I am trying to find someone that has connections to a USMC General. I am trying to find out if I can get a waiver and get back in.

I enlisted in the delayed entry program and was kicked out for fraudulent enlistment.

When I was filling out my paperwork I put that I never had asthma, as my recruiter told me to do. I haven't had any asthma problems when I was 12 so I thought no big deal.

Well a few days before time to leave for boot camp I was called into the office. The did a medical audit and found that I did have asthma.

I also had a charge on my record that was a juvenile charge and was told that it was erased when I turned 21. So that also came up on the background report.

Is there any hope for me to serve my country? I just feel like I will never be a true American until I serve my country like others Marine's in my family have done.

I hate thinking that I could leave this earth and never get the chance to serve my country.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Norman
11-07-2008, 16:32
If you feel this strongly about it, start writing everyone you can. You want this? You're gonna have to work for it, it seems.

Everest
11-07-2008, 16:36
If you feel this strongly about it, start writing everyone you can. You want this? You're gonna have to work for it, it seems.

I have wrote to all of my elected officials since it happned, 2006. I have called in to their offices. The typical response has been, "It is up to that particular branch to assist you in this matter. In most cases a General may grant an individual a waiver in certain circumstances"

I had one of the top ASVAB scores and was told I could pick any job. But I still have things holding me back.

I just don't know what else to do. I spoke with a former Army general that could get me in but my family members were not in the Army. No offense to them but I want to be apart of the best.

SASSGlock2
11-07-2008, 16:43
Probably won't help you any, but the services have real f'ed up standards.

I was in the USMC, field artillery, combat vet, Desert Storm. I'm blind as a bat with coke bottle glasses and litterally cannot read the newspaper unless it is within 8-10 inches without my glasses. I could not get hired by several local law enforcement agencies due to my eyesight.

My buddy, tried to enlist in the Army. His dad was medically retired Lt. from WW2, his brother was an officer in the Army (retired a couple years ago as a brigadier general - NG, so no good for your purposes). My buddy goes through the whole rigermerole and they find at MEPS that he had mild asthma as a child. Not allowed in. He got hired by one of the LEAs that wouldn't take me, and was a founding member of thier SWAT team.

No idea why they have some of the standards they do. I wish you luck, and Semper Fi.

Everest
11-07-2008, 16:47
Well to add insult to it they even sent me back to the doc at MEPS and the doc said he would have given me a waiver for the asthma history since it was so long ago...But it was too late since I was alredy given the boot.

USMC_G19
11-10-2008, 04:40
I would look for an eager recruiter near the end of the month who needs to get his quota...

jayzazueta
11-11-2008, 21:14
WOW? My Marine Corps story is almost Identical. I went down to meps and did the same saying I had no Asthma problems after the age of 12 but I really did. My recruiter told me to lie also. but when my medical paperwork showed I was taking Asthma meds at the age of 15 a Naval Doc. with 20+ years of service chewed my ass out for trying to lie my way in. I was crushed man, I too had family who has served and thats all I have ever wanted to do. I still think what it would of been like, I just moved on and I am now in L.E. and loving it. Everything just kinda worked out for me. I just find it shocking we have the same kind of story. Best of luck man.

Everest
11-12-2008, 08:22
WOW? My Marine Corps story is almost Identical. I went down to meps and did the same saying I had no Asthma problems after the age of 12 but I really did. My recruiter told me to lie also. but when my medical paperwork showed I was taking Asthma meds at the age of 15 a Naval Doc. with 20+ years of service chewed my ass out for trying to lie my way in. I was crushed man, I too had family who has served and thats all I have ever wanted to do. I still think what it would of been like, I just moved on and I am now in L.E. and loving it. Everything just kinda worked out for me. I just find it shocking we have the same kind of story. Best of luck man.

Yeah it sucks that it has to be that way. If someone wants to take a chance then they shouldn't be held back because of something like that. It makes no sense to me. The military should be open to every American citizen. Every citizen should be encouraged to join. But instead they turn people down.

357glocker
11-12-2008, 09:05
Moral of this story...............never listen to a recruiter!

As another poster said, get ahold of another recruiter. If you are in any way shape or form able to join the USMC, the recruiter will be able to get any waiver available.

Everest
11-12-2008, 09:09
When they kicked me out of the delayed entry program for fraudulent enlistment they said it was now in their system and I couldn't go to any USMC recruiter and join.

CPT_CRUNCH
11-19-2008, 21:21
When they kicked me out of the delayed entry program for fraudulent enlistment they said it was now in their system and I couldn't go to any USMC recruiter and join.

yeah dude, sounds like you're screwed. good luck finding a general that'll stick his neck out for you. i used to work for a 2 star and have talked w/ other general officers (all ARMY)... again good luck finding one that will stick their neck out for you.

Javelin
11-19-2008, 21:42
yeah dude, sounds like you're screwed. good luck finding a general that'll stick his neck out for you. i used to work for a 2 star and have talked w/ other general officers (all ARMY)... again good luck finding one that will stick their neck out for you.

Camp Arifjan Kuwait. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww............

Marine8541
11-19-2008, 21:49
You don’t need a General Officer nor do you need a recruiter you need to contact your congressman’s office and tell them your story and see if they can help. You need to be absolutely honest with them.

Everset, I can tell you that no recruiter told you not to disclose a conviction and as a matter of fact you answered multiple questions falsely that asked about this and you would have had to initial yes or no and you signed the perjury statement attesting to this also. Specifically, you would have had to lie when asked…

“Have you ever been charged with any crime including traffic offenses?”

“Have you ever been convicted of any crime including traffic offences and petty offences?”

“Have you ever entered into a diversion program, deferred judgment, domestic violence classes, traffic school, or preformed community service or entered into any program to satisfy, defer, or set aside a conviction or possible conviction for any offence including traffic offences?”

There are about five more questions that ask in different ways and any recruiter would have known that the FBI, State, and municipal checks would have turned this up.

CPT_CRUNCH
11-19-2008, 21:52
Camp Arifjan Kuwait. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww............

6 weeks tdy... sucks right, cant beat that w/ a stick.

cce1302
11-21-2008, 11:11
Asthma is a big risk for the military. When I was getting processed in, they asked if I had ever had asthma. I said no. They asked if I had ever used an inhaler. I said yes. When I was 12 or 13 I had been prescribed an inhaler for a respiratory infection that I had. When it cleared up, I quit using it and never needed it afterward. Well, the Drs made me go get all my medical records to prove that it wasn't asthma, otherwise they weren't going to let me in.
Story #2
A guy I grew up with, Lyle, enlisted back in 2001 or so. He had never had asthma. After basic training he was diagnosed with exercise induced asthma. Med board. Gone.
The Marine Corps can't afford to/doesn't want to put you through boot camp then lose you to a pre-existing medical condition.

Everest
11-21-2008, 11:15
...The Marine Corps can't afford to/doesn't want to put you through boot camp then lose you to a pre-existing medical condition...

I understand that...But I have been a competitive swimmer for the past 8 years. I wouldn't have a problem.

There should be another branch of the military that will let whoever wants to serve their country in. Finding out I couldn't join the Marine Corp and serve my country was the biggest slap in my face I have ever received and probably ever will.

Everest
11-21-2008, 11:30
...you need to contact your congressman’s office and tell them your story and see if they can help...

...you would have had to lie when asked…

“Have you ever been charged with any crime including traffic offenses?”

“Have you ever been convicted of any crime including traffic offences and petty offences?”

“Have you ever entered into a diversion program, deferred judgment, domestic violence classes, traffic school, or preformed community service or entered into any program to satisfy, defer, or set aside a conviction or possible conviction for any offence including traffic offences?”...

I contacted my congressman a year a go...He said that the guidelines for each branch were their own and that I would have to contact the secretary of the Marines....So he was no help

Also...If you are told that something was erased you wouldn't be lying if asked those questions and you responded with a "no" answer. I was told at the time that when I got older I could honestly answer no to any of those types of questions. Well I was lied to. The FBI keeps all files, even the ones that have been "erased"...Something just isn't right about that. But it is the government and you can't do anything about it.

Marine8541
11-22-2008, 15:22
I’m not going to argue with you. You’re a big boy and you knew that you weren’t answering questions about both your medical and criminal history past truthfully. If you’re congressman isn’t willing to step in then you’re pretty much left out in the cold. From what you posted here I seriously doubt that you could get a moral waiver for lying about you past criminal activities and they’re easier to get than med waivers.

Good luck.

Everest
11-24-2008, 17:54
I’m not going to argue with you. You’re a big boy and you knew that you weren’t answering questions about both your medical and criminal history past truthfully. If you’re congressman isn’t willing to step in then you’re pretty much left out in the cold. From what you posted here I seriously doubt that you could get a moral waiver for lying about you past criminal activities and they’re easier to get than med waivers.

Good luck.

Yeah that was the bad thing... They even took the time to tell me that after they reviewed the truthful record they would have given me the 2 waivers I would have needed. But they kicked the recruiter out of the Marine Corp after the investigation.. The other recruiter in the office didn't agree with his advice to me saying "Tell them no, they have too many people trying to get in. They won't take time to dig into your records, by the time they ever notice you will already have finished boot camp and they won't care" so the other recruiter told someone what I was told.

It sucks though...I didn't want the guy to get kicked out, he served in Iraq for 2 tours, hes done more than I have.

Dean
11-24-2008, 18:08
Is there any hope for me to serve my country? I just feel like I will never be a true American until I serve my country like others Marine's in my family have done.

I hate thinking that I could leave this earth and never get the chance to serve my country.

Thanks for any help I can get.

A Marine Corps General? What in the bald headed hell???
"BOY, I' TELL YOU WHAT! YOU don't NEED no Marine Corps GENERAL! All you need is a U.S. Army RECRUITER to PUT YOU IN THE SERVICE!" Here's what you do:
Walk into a US Army recruiting office, and tell them you love the Army and you want to put in your 20 years. Tell them that "The Military Police Corps is where you belong, enforcing military law and fighting like a man." Tell them you are "Ready to go" and that you want to "Finish the work we started in Iraq and Afghanistan."
Don't buy no clothes to wear to boot camp, because you ain't never gonna see them again after the first day. A toothbrush and some vending machine change is all you'll need to bring with you. Kiss your girl GOODBYE .Kiss her hard boy, right on the mouth. Tell her there's a WAR on, and to forget you. Tell your mamma you love her and not to worry if you never call home. Then grab your package ( NOT THAT package! Here, take this big yella envelope and DON'T OPEN IT, or you go to JAIL FOREVER!
Are you ready to hit "Fast Forward" on your life? Good!
Get in the van.

Welcome to the BIG GREEN MACHINE.

The Marine Corps told me they couldn't guarantee me I'd be a Military Policeman. The Army said, "Sign here, sign here, hold your hand up, and get in that van to the airport."
I was "pushing Alabama" three days later. You ain't the first, Son.
You definately ain't the first. :drillsgt:

Marine8541
11-27-2008, 11:28
Yeah that was the bad thing... They even took the time to tell me that after they reviewed the truthful record they would have given me the 2 waivers I would have needed. But they kicked the recruiter out of the Marine Corp after the investigation.. The other recruiter in the office didn't agree with his advice to me saying "Tell them no, they have too many people trying to get in. They won't take time to dig into your records, by the time they ever notice you will already have finished boot camp and they won't care" so the other recruiter told someone what I was told.

It sucks though...I didn't want the guy to get kicked out, he served in Iraq for 2 tours, hes done more than I have.

Sorry, I’m not buying this at all. If the USMC investigated our recruiter and found that he was intentionally involved in fraudulently enlisting recruits and you were eligible for waivers in the first place then they wouldn’t permanently disqualify you. Punitive and administrative separations are public record so why not post the “liars” name and duty station? Really easy to find out the whole story then.

Dean
11-27-2008, 11:37
Sorry, I’m not buying this at all. If the USMC investigated our recruiter and found that he was intentionally involved in fraudulently enlisting recruits and you were eligible for waivers in the first place then they wouldn’t permanently disqualify you. Punitive and administrative separations are public record so why not post the “liars” name and duty station? Really easy to find out the whole story then.

Noo, no no. Don't you do that, Boy. FORGET the Marine Corps all-together!
You just go join the Army, and tell them you want "AIRBORNE" training. You just tell them that, Boy. Tell them that you want to serve and that you want the 82nd Airborne Division or the 101st Airborne'cause you saw them on TV. You'll forget all about the Marine Corps, Boy. Don't you worry. You'll do fine. Save your money in boot camp and buy yourself a great big shiny killing knife and a whetstone, to take overseas with you. That's what you do, Boy, that's what you do.:drillsgt:

npogmothoin
12-02-2008, 15:32
I've met three Marine Corps Generals, but they have jobs to do, and I only met them a few times.

Whiskey Six
12-04-2008, 13:06
A Commanding General's waiver is just that. A waiver from the Commanding General of the Marine Corps Recruiting Command. You can't just get your neighbors uncle the General to give you a waiver. It just doesn't work that way.

I spent 8 years as a recruiter. I am not going to ever defend a fraudulent recruiter. But I will say that recruiters are under tremendous stress to "make mission". But the consequences of getting caught fraudulently enlisting someone are extremely severe and not worth it. I would gladly take an *** chewing for not making mission before I would tell someone to lie and risk getting kicked out. I would not risk my career on some punk kid that will probably squeal at MEPS and most definately at bootcamp. Just not worth it.

Sealed or expunged police records are not visible to the general public as most records are. But they don't dissappear. A military background check will show them. You were mislead or dishonest.

Asthma at any age is almost always disqualifying. Same with inhalor use.

My advice to you would be to persevere. You need to get every scrap of medical records you have. Same with police and court docs. Get letters from your swim coaches. Get character references from teachers, principals, judges, upstanding persons, etc who know you personally and can attest to your character and abilities. Got to a recruiter and be totally and completely honest. Tell him you were a DEP discharge and why. I will tell you he is probably not going to put much effort into you. You will be a difficult waiver at best. You will have to do alot of the work. And be patient. It will take time. It is not an impossibility.

Good luck.

msoprano
12-04-2008, 13:17
I had to jump through lots of hoops to enlist in the Army. After my 4th time at MEPS I was disqualified from service. About 1 month after a letter to my one of my state representatives, I was raising my right hand @ MEPS.

I would jump on it as soon as you can, while most of the military is in need of people.

CPT_CRUNCH
12-04-2008, 13:40
A Marine Corps General? What in the bald headed hell???
"BOY, I' TELL YOU WHAT! YOU don't NEED no Marine Corps GENERAL! All you need is a U.S. Army RECRUITER to PUT YOU IN THE SERVICE!" Here's what you do:
Walk into a US Army recruiting office, and tell them you love the Army and you want to put in your 20 years. Tell them that "The Military Police Corps is where you belong, enforcing military law and fighting like a man." Tell them you are "Ready to go" and that you want to "Finish the work we started in Iraq and Afghanistan."
Don't buy no clothes to wear to boot camp, because you ain't never gonna see them again after the first day. A toothbrush and some vending machine change is all you'll need to bring with you. Kiss your girl GOODBYE .Kiss her hard boy, right on the mouth. Tell her there's a WAR on, and to forget you. Tell your mamma you love her and not to worry if you never call home. Then grab your package ( NOT THAT package! Here, take this big yella envelope and DON'T OPEN IT, or you go to JAIL FOREVER!
Are you ready to hit "Fast Forward" on your life? Good!
Get in the van.

Welcome to the BIG GREEN MACHINE.

The Marine Corps told me they couldn't guarantee me I'd be a Military Policeman. The Army said, "Sign here, sign here, hold your hand up, and get in that van to the airport."
I was "pushing Alabama" three days later. You ain't the first, Son.
You definately ain't the first. :drillsgt:

yeah... what that guy said!:laughabove: