Best local place for mags [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best local place for mags

Maximaking
11-08-2008, 11:08
Hey Im looking for some 15 round mags for my G19. Anyone know of a shop that has them at a good price?

ciwsguy
11-08-2008, 17:57
Hey Im looking for some 15 round mags for my G19. Anyone know of a shop that has them at a good price?

Stocking up on high cap mags, are ya?

Maximaking
11-08-2008, 18:36
Yah, I stopped by Kieslers today and they were asking 29.99 for used mags. I'll pass on that. I guess I'll check out shooters supply. Should prolly pick up some AR mags too. Anyone know if KY Imports is still around? I know they aren't listing guns, just accessories online

nighthunter30
11-08-2008, 20:03
Yah, I stopped by Kieslers today and they were asking 29.99 for used mags. I'll pass on that. I guess I'll check out shooters supply. Should prolly pick up some AR mags too. Anyone know if KY Imports is still around? I know they aren't listing guns, just accessories online

I went KY Imports a month ago and they have mostly only mags but that for you looking for. :supergrin:

ciwsguy
11-09-2008, 10:51
I went KY Imports a month ago and they have mostly only mags but that for you looking for. :supergrin:

There is a place near Fern Creek in the Eastland shopping center that stocks all kind of stuff. Personally, I buy on-line.

With change of Presidential administration, guns, ammo & high cap magazines are all going to boom prior to 20 January 2009. Then, watch for the REAL Obama to emerge. Expect the anti-gun Commiefornia left wingers come into the equation then.:steamed::steamed:

CJStudent
11-10-2008, 13:24
There is a place near Fern Creek in the Eastland shopping center that stocks all kind of stuff. Personally, I buy on-line.

With change of Presidential administration, guns, ammo & high cap magazines are all going to boom prior to 20 January 2009. Then, watch for the REAL Obama to emerge. Expect the anti-gun Commiefornia left wingers come into the equation then.:steamed::steamed:

Firearms Service Center; good folks. I've bought quite a few guns through them. Archery place next door with an indoor archery range, too, if you're into that.

Maximaking
11-12-2008, 13:19
Well it looks like KY Imports is off the list after they have almost doubled the prices marked on stuff. Shooter Supply still has good prices but they are really busy

CJStudent
11-12-2008, 16:53
If you want to order, look on http://www.ombexpress.com . It's a police supply place, but anybody can order most stuff. Though they used to run $17 or so, most Glock mags are now up to $25 or so. From what I've been hearing, Glock themselves raised the prices on the mags to wholesalers, so that's why the prices went up. I've ordered quite a few things from there for work (armed security), and everything's been great quality, good prices, and got here within 2-3 days, even though the place is in Kansas.

Maximaking
11-12-2008, 18:54
From what I've been hearing, Glock themselves raised the prices on the mags to wholesalers, so that's why the prices went up.

That's not a very good business practice but it is supply and demand

CJStudent
11-13-2008, 01:06
That's not a very good business practice but it is supply and demand

From what I understand, it was due to rising costs of materials and thus production costs. But again, that's just what I've heard, and you know about the rumor mill. :dunno:

ciwsguy
11-17-2008, 18:13
From what I understand, it was due to rising costs of materials and thus production costs. But again, that's just what I've heard, and you know about the rumor mill. :dunno:

So, has anyone actually bought any extra mags while you can still get them? Anybody stocking up on ammo too?

Berretta9
11-18-2008, 06:40
Ordered some extra high cap mags. I'm not really too worried about hand gun ammo but I am buying 223 and 30.06.

Rikki
11-18-2008, 06:50
Although I'm not from the 'ville... I went on a field trip to Indy gunshops last Thur.
Both shops I visited were BUSY selling guns, I mean really BUSY. One of the shops had just gotten a ammo order in. I saw cases of the stuff going out the door, one guy took 2k of .223 and 1k of .40. Neither of the shops had any 9mm Glock mags in stock, One was getting in 150 sometime this week, but most were already spoken for...@31.95 apiece. The owner told me Glock had raised the price due to increase in material and the weak dollar.
I order from Brownells-they are B/O, but expect to ship in mid Dec.
I was looking at a Cabelas catalog he other day- they stock some Glock mags- maybe try them?

ciwsguy
11-18-2008, 20:52
Ordered some extra high cap mags. I'm not really too worried about hand gun ammo but I am buying 223 and 30.06.

Between my G17 & G19, I have about a dozen hi-cap mags, so I don't need any more. The G17 Mag will work in the G19, but not vice-versa. So if you can't find the G19 mags, you can buy the G17 (if you can find them).

In a few months, I fully expect the AWB to be re-introduced, with some other anti-gun measures (i.e., tax the hell out of guns, accessories and ammo). So, I'm stocking up on 9mm, 38 Special and .357 Magnum. Don't use my long guns that much anymore, but do have am ample supply of 30-06 for my M1 Garand and 30/30 for the Marlin lever gun.

Berretta9
11-19-2008, 06:34
Yesterday CCDN had hi cap Glock 17 mags for 21.99. The way they were going he could be out today.

ciwsguy
11-19-2008, 16:53
Yesterday CCDN had hi cap Glock 17 mags for 21.99. The way they were going he could be out today.

CCDN? Please translate.

nighthunter30
11-19-2008, 20:06
CCDN? Please translate.

It's CDNN... www.cdnninvestments.com