waited too long and paid for it.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : waited too long and paid for it....

cowboywannabe
11-08-2008, 17:40
ive shot many guns listed by the obamanites as "bad"....but never really wanted one.....until now.

after many of my fellow gun owners let me down by voting for obama or should i say not voting for mccain....80 million gun owners in this country and mccain got 37 million votes...:upeyes:

well i went and bought an AK-47 (norinco) today...wanted a short barrel version or a short ar15 but there werent any more...

a month ago you could get a used one in very good shape for $350-$400. today i got the last one my local shop had for $550.00, and its a beater.

well, at least i didnt wait until after the inaguration when they will be higher priced and harder to get before they are banned again.

h2o-5o
11-08-2008, 18:26
Now stock up on mags and ammo.

cowboywannabe
11-08-2008, 18:27
im trying....no mags in stock....put out a line here in the WTB section......have about 300 rounds of ammo so far.

h2o-5o
11-08-2008, 18:34
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Bulgarian_30rd_AK47_Steel_Magazine.html

mossy500camo
11-12-2008, 11:46
What Mags! They are all sold out already. Im looking for Hi cap 1022, Sks and Glock 17 mags. Holla!

ps
Damn! The guns seem to have just flew off the damn shelves around here! =-O

cowboywannabe
11-12-2008, 17:58
i got a few used all steel German 30 rounders for my AK from cheaper than dirt. arrived today.

BamaTrooper
11-12-2008, 19:54
i got a few used all steel German 30 rounders for my AK from cheaper than dirt. arrived today.

Makes me glad I have 30 20 rounders for my PTR91.

Robert A.
11-12-2008, 21:18
Coyboy any good pawn shops up in your area?

ChuteTheMall
11-12-2008, 21:24
AKs make fine beaters!___http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4799/akconcealedvo6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

cowboywannabe
11-12-2008, 21:49
Pawn City is where i got my Norinco.

for a pawn shop they have a descent selection of new and used handguns and quite a few long guns (for this area), but as of yesterday the only long guns they have left are of the hunting variety. i got the next to the last "assault" weapon they had.

i ask for and deal with Jay when i go there...have bought plenty from them so he knows im not coming in to fondle stuff and walk away....they work with me on the price because im a regular cash carrying customer.

mossy500camo
11-12-2008, 23:56
Pawn City is where i got my Norinco.

for a pawn shop they have a descent selection of new and used handguns and quite a few long guns (for this area), but as of yesterday the only long guns they have left are of the hunting variety. i got the next to the last "assault" weapon they had.

i ask for and deal with Jay when i go there...have bought plenty from them so he knows im not coming in to fondle stuff and walk away....they work with me on the price because im a regular cash carrying customer.

I will 2nd Pawn City and Jay. He is an ok fella. Buy now and layaway until the end of the year!

mossy500camo
11-13-2008, 12:10
Oh Yeah! Pawn city had one AK 47 with a longer barrel. $400ish, looks to be in Good condition. They also have a nice selection of handguns. Better grab them or the prices go sky high!

Cowboy! Did you see the S&W 38 spl revolver and poker set. In its own collectors case.. Wow! That looks like a deal and a half. =-O

cowboywannabe
11-13-2008, 14:49
i dont, never have, nor forsee the ability to ever buy a gun because of its special edition like the poker set.....

all my guns are shooters, i get no pleasure out of looking at a gun and if i shoot it ruin its "value".

i like shooting, thats what guns are for. BTW that cheap steel cased "non laquered" coated wolf ammo is o.k. for plinking, but i had 1-2 jams with it out of every 30 round mag i tried with my AK. does the same thing with my SKS.

i guess i will pick the green laquer coated ammo from now on and pay the extra dollar per box.

unless P.C. has gotten another AK in all they had a few days ago was a short bbl AK with blond wood and a scope on it of all things.

mossy500camo
11-13-2008, 23:42
i dont, never have, nor forsee the ability to ever buy a gun because of its special edition like the poker set.....

all my guns are shooters, i get no pleasure out of looking at a gun and if i shoot it ruin its "value".

unless P.C. has gotten another AK in all they had a few days ago was a short bbl AK with blond wood and a scope on it of all things.

Yup! I would Agree. I just thought since you like S&W wheelies I would let you know about it. Looks cool... But I wouldnt want it either. Unless, hang it on the wall and In Case of Emergency Break Glass. lol!

Yup! I was in there Thursday, They have a longer barrel Ak in now. Its barrel is way longer than my Ak 47 anyways.

cowboywannabe
11-14-2008, 21:48
I just thought since you like S&W wheelies I would let you know about it. Looks cool...

ah yes, S&W wheelys....nothing like and old school wheely. no locks, no frame mounted firing pins, just quality craftsmanship....

mossy500camo
11-17-2008, 23:53
Hey! The guy at City Pawn (Opelika) told me that he could get me just about anything that I wanted from AIM surplus. Small fee but still beats the competition.

cowboywannabe
11-18-2008, 15:23
im in the market for a "cricket" .22 for my daughter....

seen on at the opelika wal-mart with a pink stock for $110.00. wife isnt too happy about the idea because money is tight......

gonna post in the WTB section for a used one that i can pretty up for a little girl.

mossy500camo
11-19-2008, 13:45
im in the market for a "cricket" .22 for my daughter....

seen on at the opelika wal-mart with a pink stock for $110.00. wife isnt too happy about the idea because money is tight......

gonna post in the WTB section for a used one that i can pretty up for a little girl.

Cowboy! Keep us updated on the Cricket. Im in the market for a youth 22lr as well.

I will keep an eye out for ya man!

elrod
11-19-2008, 14:23
For your mags, try

http://www.copesdistributing.net/

They are excellent people to do business with. Also, try the big gun show this week at the Montgomery Civic Center. At least, there will be plenty of eye candy there!

:2gun:

Miranda
11-23-2008, 22:25
Crickets were $99 at academy.

mossy500camo
11-24-2008, 13:19
Crickets were $99 at academy.

Wow! Im looking for something similar. Thanks for the info.

cowboywannabe
11-24-2008, 19:40
bought my daughter the pink synthetic "crickett" saturday. will try it out at the deer camp this week.

mossy500camo
11-24-2008, 23:27
bought my daughter the pink synthetic "crickett" saturday. will try it out at the deer camp this week.

Cool! Man! Dont forget the pics and field report.

ps
I have a buddy at work. He recommended me a Mossberg Half Pint 22lr. We took it out behind the plant into the woods and fired a couple rounds. This is a decent little rifle. It has a Magazine blank for single shot and a 10 rd mag for when the youngsters get older and more experienced. Mossberg has a Winner here.

pss
Instead of going out and buying a new rifle. I did this. I simply ordered a Butler Creek Youth stock to replace my Ruger 10 22 stock. I guess that I will just load 1rd at a time for the youngsters.