Unusual amount of hate...? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Unusual amount of hate...?

AdminJarhead
11-09-2008, 21:39
Anyone else here seem to notice a little bit more bitterness being directed our way here lately on GT? Maybe it's just me but I can think of two threads in the past week that have done so and it's begining to annoy. Whoa be it of me to take pride in my beloved Corps but there is a fair amount of bashing that comes along with it. Oh well, small price to pay to be one of America's finest.

S/F,

The A-J

11-24-2008, 22:39
When you are at the top of the ladder, many envy you and try to knock you off.

chuckman
11-25-2008, 05:57
I am an officer in the Navy (reserve). When I was enlisted, I was a corpsman with the Marines. I, too, drank the koolaid of the Corps and sing its praises (I am saying this with a little bit of humor, but I am truly serious in my dedication and love for the Corps). I may talk smack about the other services, but at the end of the day, we all have our job to do and I am proud and respectful of anyone having the courage to join the service. I do think that today's political climate is becoming increasingly anti-military. And I do think the anti-Marine folks in the other branches do harbour a little jealousy.

Marine8541
11-29-2008, 22:26
I’m seeing a lot of animosity from guys who were in before the current war directed towards guys that either fought in or are currently fighting this one from all branches. Other than that you’ll always find Marine bashing going on.

Teufelhunde
12-01-2008, 21:12
It is not bitternes, it is envy and jealousy.

Semper Fi

Lon

Aquanewt
12-25-2008, 00:25
If it makes you feel any better, my hats off to all Marines, my Dad fought in the Pacific and in Korea and the son of a good friend of mine is a Annapolis grad who made the right choice. He's at Quantico right now much to his parents relief as he has been overseas twice. As to the bashers, any uniformed service or agency gets them. I've been on my local PD for too long and no matter what we do somebody complains.

Tilley
12-25-2008, 00:39
We don't need the Marines anymore...we got Obama! He's going to make us great again.

But just in case he trips on his inflated ego and falls on his arse, can you guys stick around?

Thanks and Merry Christmas guys!

Ian_F
12-29-2008, 21:44
you'll never hear a bad word about any service member from me :supergrin:

CJKOLCUN
12-30-2008, 07:37
SEMPER FI, most who bash have never walk though the vally or know what that even means.

rellek
01-11-2009, 20:44
Have not noticed too much hate displayed. When someone does exhibit "hate" towards the military in general or the Marine Corps in particular it is usually rooted in sheer jealousy.....most of the hate screemers were flunkies...couldn't cut the mustard!

Just ask them, "What uniform did you wear?" Then when they, typically, come up with a list "excuses" for not having the cahones to serve their country, just say, "oh, I see" then smile and walk off.

SAG
01-24-2009, 20:44
I can recall a lot of ribbing. But when the jarheads held the ground, and the grunts or squids sent in fire support or the PJs pulled off an impossible rescue under fire... or any other combination of the above...I really can't remember what the insignia was...but I know they were all wearing the red, white and blue...

Thanks.