SC: Thieves attempt break-in at Wateree Arms [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SC: Thieves attempt break-in at Wateree Arms

The Pontificator
11-10-2008, 18:12
the news article doesn't out right say "Wateree Arms" but that's the store in question. Luckily no guns were gotten.

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - The search is on for whoever used a car and a gun to break into a weapons shop on Garners Ferry Road in Richland County.

But once they got inside, authorities say the would-be thieves may not have gotten what they were expecting.

The proprietors of the shop were hard at work rebuilding what deputies say would-be gun thieves destroyed Monday morning.

"I got a call about ten after three this morning from the Richland County Sheriff's Department, saying we had someone trying to break into the building and when we got here they had attempted to drive through the building," Chris Lanham, the weapons shop owner's brother, said.

After they crashed through the building, they didn't stop there. They came to a door where there was a deadbolt and shot it over and over to get inside thinking there would be guns. A store representative says they're glad no one was hurt.

"Bad that they broke in but, good that they didn't get any fire arms we don't have to worry about any fire arms being on the streets tonight from them breaking in," the representative said.

The store had been closed for two months, but the surveillance cameras were working. However, the thieves took the tapes. Lanham says these burglars should be considered armed and dangerous.

The store representative says the sheriff's department is still investigating this case and are not sure how many suspects are involved in this crime.

Glockphobia
11-11-2008, 04:31
had been closed for 2 months! haha dumb crook news! at least case a joint that has business. hope they get caught too.

CarlosC
11-28-2008, 09:48
They just need to move out of that area, it's too secluded. They need to set up shop near my house.

D-GLOCK17
12-04-2008, 11:50
Man. Interesting story. I am glad these dumb crooks did not get any weapons. I can stand a thief!

Rusty Phillips
12-06-2008, 10:43
why has the store been closed for 2 months?

with the obama sales going on, I would think they could have sold some guns even at the prices they were asking last time I was there (2005)

CarlosC
12-07-2008, 00:19
why has the store been closed for 2 months?

with the obama sales going on, I would think they could have sold some guns even at the prices they were asking last time I was there (2005)

It's been a while for me too. I used to stop by there just to look and **** chat.

I did buy one gun from them years ago, and I should have checked myself into the hospital after I left the store so I could report I'd been raped. Then again, that was back before I had discovered transfer fee buying.

southernshooter
12-28-2008, 15:58
I like drooling over their Les Baers but $2500 for a 1911 is out of my price range.