AR15 Sales in Vegas [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Sales in Vegas

rwschill
11-10-2008, 18:44
Who has the best choice of AR15's in Las Vegas? Shops I have checked are out!

osiruscyn
11-10-2008, 19:45
don't know about choice but the shops that generally have them in stock

Discount Firearms
The Gun Store
American Shooters

I'll call my cousin and see if he knows what accuracy has in stock.

JimBianchi
11-10-2008, 20:14
I saw a bunch on dispay at the new Sportsman Warehoue too.

osiruscyn
11-10-2008, 20:23
we have a sportsman's wherehouse here now?

JimBianchi
11-10-2008, 20:51
95 (S) to Henderson, exit Lake Mead Parkway East, about 1/2 mile down, left hand side.

The new shopping center has a Target and it's own stoplight.

G19Tony
11-10-2008, 21:36
95 (S) to Henderson, exit Lake Mead Parkway East, about 1/2 mile down, left hand side.

The new shopping center has a Target and it's own stoplight.

I'll have to check that out tomorrow. Thanks Jim.

1337-G
11-10-2008, 21:57
There's also a SW opening in the northwest, at Ann Rd and 95. Should be open before Thanksgiving.

Henderson Defense (http://www.hendersondefense.com/) is a local manufacturer of ARs and AKs. They usually have stuff in stock; if not they'll make more shortly. Call or visit as the website isn't always up to date with the fast moving inventory.

Maxx702
11-11-2008, 06:21
There's also a SW opening in the northwest, at Ann Rd and 95. Should be open before Thanksgiving.

Henderson Defense (http://www.hendersondefense.com/) is a local manufacturer of ARs and AKs. They usually have stuff in stock; if not they'll make more shortly. Call or visit as the website isn't always up to date with the fast moving inventory.

SW is supposed to open 11/22

I've heard a lot of good things about Henderson Defense.
Discount Firearms is always good, Citadel is pretty strong in the AR department.

John's 26
11-11-2008, 10:50
You might also try www.centermassfirearms.com/ on Boulder Hwy, down where the 515 and Boulder merge. Haven't been there in a while, and they were a bit spendy, but seemed to have a lot in stock...

John

rwschill
11-11-2008, 17:53
Thanks. I went over there and they had 2-3 guns but not even close to what I was after, except a Colt 6920 at $1700.

jpa
11-11-2008, 23:41
The Sportsmans Warehouse in the NW is supposed to be open. It's in the same general area as the Wal-Mart and Sam's club at Centennial near Durango.

Citadel has a pretty good selection of AR's and lowers in stock. I bought out their last 2 lowers the other day, I'm going back Friday to get 2 more. I figure 4 AR projects should keep me for another 4 years. One is an AR pistol lower...that should be an interesting project. Just be warned they can be a little spendy and will try to screw you on accessories. A $200 surefire forend for $279? I know buying local supports the little guy, but sometimes they're just trying to take advantage.

osiruscyn
11-12-2008, 00:04
that is so true jpa. Have you been to the survival store on w. spring mountain? That guy is friggin insane. He's an ******* to boot.

jpa
11-14-2008, 02:09
Yeah. My story with Citadel: Guy sells me a free-float rail for my AR. Never saw my AR itself, so he doesn't know it needs a gas block and I lose my front sight if they install it. No biggie, they tell me a 2 piece like the surefire would work. I said OK and asked if they had any. Nope, they don't have it, I asked about ordering one, wouldn't order it either and it would be "much more expensive" than installing the one I already bought from them. So I left, went home, called SureFire and ordered the rail myself. Instead of paying their $279 sticker and waiting a week, I got it with a LE discount (20%) and had it in less than 2 days. I talked the owner's wife into letting me exchange the existing rail for another AR lower without charging a restocking fee (which is BS), but I'll never buy something from them again without fully researching it independently.

I've been in the survival store, places like that give me the creeps. I've never had much of a use for the doomsday naysayers who think the world is ending tomorrow and stocking up on MREs will somehow save them. If I wanted to act like I'm in the military, I'd join the military.

osiruscyn
11-14-2008, 09:19
What are citadel's prices on gun safes? Are they resonable or ridiculous?

digitspaw
11-18-2008, 13:59
What are citadel's prices on gun safes? Are they resonable or ridiculous?

They're not cheap. Nor inexpensive. If you know a thing or two about safe construction, they have some nice rigs. i have no idea what the delivery charges are, but one of the salesmen at Bass told me that he knows a reputable mover who will deliver it anywhere IN your house for 2 bills.
Most delivery of safes is curbside only.

jpa
11-18-2008, 23:32
I bought a safe from them. I got the one that retails for like $2700, I paid $2400 plus they threw in delivery and bolting inside the garage (where I specified), gave me a light kit and cord, 2 pistol racks, a gun vault minivault, 2 tshirts and a ball cap.

I was planning on buying the $1800 model, but he just kept throwing stuff into the deal to sweeten the pot. That's what I liked about them, they were willing to haggle and deal to make the sale. Other shops, you walk in, you pay the price posted or you leave empty-handed. They've been known to do that when buying guns and accessories as well. they get a lot of repeat business from me because of that. The one guy with the glasses is a tool though, I don't deal with him.

osiruscyn
11-19-2008, 12:38
do you feel that your guns may suffer damage in the safe from being in the garage during the summer months?

That's my major concern since that's they only place that i have to logically put a safe.

jpa
11-19-2008, 17:40
Do you mean from being exposed to heat? Not really...it's actually humidity that will cause damage through corrosion. I've never once thought that a glock would melt or a wooden stock would warp due to heat alone. I've had them in there for 2 summers now without any problems...I'll go hand-fondle them tonight after work and report back. :)

osiruscyn
11-19-2008, 17:42
Do you mean from being exposed to heat? Not really...it's actually humidity that will cause damage through corrosion. I've never once thought that a glock would melt or a wooden stock would warp due to heat alone. I've had them in there for 2 summers now without any problems...I'll go hand-fondle them tonight after work and report back. :)

i was just concerned about the heat in the summers because he can get hot in the garage and would not do well for the weapons in there, especially since one of them is going to be an old old old winchester. I'm not too worried about humidity as a golden rod can solve that easy enough.

jpa
11-20-2008, 10:09
Yeah, humidity is nowhere near a problem here. It does get pretty warm in my garage, but I haven't found any damage to any of my guns so far. I checked them over last night. Even the glocks haven't melted. :)