Nat'l Geographic: Secrets of Freemasonry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Geographic: Secrets of Freemasonry

Mrs. VR
11-10-2008, 22:43
I hopped on the stationary bike tonight, and flipped this on about 3/4 of the way through. They were filming a Grand Lodge Installation...for the Grand Lodge of DC! My dad was in the next room, (they live with us) and he comes in and says "oh, yeah, that's so and so and so and so..." He didn't say why he wasn't there that night, but I thought that was really cool. Some of those men, I've known almost all my life!

ArodJohns
11-11-2008, 07:51
Akrahm Elias is one smart, smart Freemason. (He's the GM of Washington D.C.) I had the chance to shake hands with him and thank him for the work he's done on those type of shows.

Aside from that, is that the one where they had a female "mason"?

Mrs. VR
11-12-2008, 16:11
Akrahm Elias is one smart, smart Freemason. (He's the GM of Washington D.C.) I had the chance to shake hands with him and thank him for the work he's done on those type of shows.

Aside from that, is that the one where they had a female "mason"?
I dunno, I only caught the very end of the show. Up until this past year, my dad was asst. Grand Chaplin of the GL of DC.

ArodJohns
11-12-2008, 17:01
I dunno, I only caught the very end of the show. Up until this past year, my dad was asst. Grand Chaplin of the GL of DC.

That's awesome! Please express my congratulations on a Grand Lodge position (don't let him be humble about it, it's still a GL position :tongueout:) to him.

There's two doc's that came out at roughly the same time, one on one channel and another on another channel. One came right out and spoke the MM's word and the other was interviewing women who claimed to be Freemasons.

/me shrugs

While both shows were interesting, I just wish that when folks made a documentary they'd respect our fraternity.

Mrs. VR
11-12-2008, 19:07
I agree. I usually don't even watch them, because it makes me feel sort of oogy. I don't WANT to know that stuff.

thirdruffian1
11-20-2008, 16:57
There's two doc's that came out at roughly the same time, one on one channel and another on another channel. One came right out and spoke the MM's word and the other was interviewing women who claimed to be Freemasons.

/me shrugs

While both shows were interesting, I just wish that when folks made a documentary they'd respect our fraternity.

Didn't one (or both) of these allow cameras and film crews into the lodge during a degree? I seem to remember seeing one that did so.

mmsig229
11-23-2008, 01:12
WB Eilas spoke at our Grand Masters Reception last year. He talked about the relationship between Freemasons and the layout of Washington DC. Neat!!!

spober
12-16-2008, 20:01
do you guys drive miniature cars in parades and at shrinner games?what are sudans?my grampa was a mason a shrinner and a sudan god rest him.