Birmingham gun show [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham gun show

bamarammin87
11-12-2008, 14:41
:wavey: Howdy fellow Alabamians

Who's going to the gun show the 29th or 30th in birmingham? I'm gunna try and go the 29th if I can talk the wife into it. It's the great southern gun and knife shows show. Looks like it will be a pretty big'en. I bet it'l be packed. If I can go and get a few AK mags and g26 or g19 mags for a good price I'll be happy. I doubt I'll get any guns. :crying:

http://greatsoutherngunshow.com/

bamarammin87
11-12-2008, 14:44
I called em and they're expecting about 300 tables :thumbsup: It'l be alot better than a crappy one at fort payne I went to last year.

BamaBud
11-12-2008, 15:32
The gun shows put on by the ALabama Gun Collectors Association are much better. They put them on quarterly (they just had one last month).

This show is purely for vendors,and they seem to havea lot of schlock for sale at inflated prices.

At the AGCA shows, you have the possibility of getting something from a collector that may be a true expert in whatever he collects. If you have trade bait, you can sometimes make some amazing deals!

http://www.agcagunshow.com/

YMMV.

WellArmedSheep
11-16-2008, 20:08
I may have to check it out. Look for me there...I'll be the one in camo. LOL j/k.

bamarammin87
11-16-2008, 21:29
I may have to check it out. Look for me there...I'll be the one in camo. LOL j/k.

:rofl:

Mitchell4198
11-29-2008, 20:03
How large was the crowd? Any good deals?

bamarammin87
11-29-2008, 22:04
Man I didn't get to go :crying: my buddy canceled and didn't wanna make the drive in my f250. I gotta go to the one next month in huntsville now.

barneco
11-29-2008, 23:37

Quite crowded...not a lot of deals that I saw. Overheard the words "ban" and "election" more times than I could count. :upeyes:

Fear Night
12-01-2008, 15:33
VERY crowded and more tables than I have ever seen there before. Yet, no more deals than you could count on one hand ...

"Good" condition AKs and SKSs: $699+, various used ARs: $1200+, .223 FMJ $0.80 per round, used G.I. AR 30rd mags: $35 ea., etc.

Still fun to go so you can handle the guns and figure out what you want. Sadly, gun shows are not the place to find deals anymore. I held a Kahr PM9 at the gun show and really liked it, priced $775. I called around and the new Bass Pro had it in stock at $660, so I swung by and picked it up there :)

barneco
12-01-2008, 17:27
...and the new Bass Pro had it in stock at $660, so I swung by and picked it up there :)

Very nice :)

Did you use the parking lot shuttle? :supergrin:

I made the mistake of going by there on Friday and it was insane.

Mitchell4198
12-01-2008, 21:45
I made it by the show yesterday (Sunday). Crowded for a Sunday, but not too bad.

I just went to browse and see how prices were.

Saw new standard Glocks priced from $499 to $579. Dropped by Southeastern Guns today and they were still holding at $479.

While at the show I wanted to pick up mag extensions for my G26. One vendor said that he had brought some but they were "in a box under the table". Didn't bother to look, just went on to another customer. Found them at another vendor and when I asked if he could install them he just said "have a nice day" and turned his back to me. Rather rude of both of them :steamed:.

Saw one guy pay $55 for one (1) 15 round magazine for a Sig!!!! Don't know what model.

Oh yeah, picked up mag extensions at SE Guns today, and they were more than happy to install them for me :embarassed:.

Since I'm only about 3 miles from Bass Pro Shops I probably need to drop by there and browse again one day soon.

Fear Night
12-01-2008, 22:09
Very nice :)

Did you use the parking lot shuttle? :supergrin:

I made the mistake of going by there on Friday and it was insane.
Nope, haven't had to use that yet. Luckily, I was able to catch a person backing out not too far from the entrance. I've been twice so far and it has always been packed. The guy at the gun counter said they had at one point on Friday a line of 15+ people waiting to do their gun paperwork + call in.

But yeah, I hate how they are making us drive through the "nature trail." Two sheriffs had the first shortcut entrance blocked so we could only enter from the long way. I got stuck behind a bunch of minivans sightseeing and going 3mph the whole way :faint: