Best Place for Guns Locally [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best Place for Guns Locally

jkruer01
11-12-2008, 19:41
Looking to purchase a Glock (G19) for a family member for Christmas. Where is the best place to go locally to get a good price?

When I bought mine several years ago I went to KY Imports but they don't sell guns anymore.

I would appreciate any suggestions on getting the best price.

Also, how does it work when you are buying a gun as a present for someone else? Do they have to be there to purchase it?

Thanks!
Jeremy

spikehunter
11-12-2008, 20:22
Whittaker's in Owensboro or Bud's Gun Shop in Paris.

CJStudent
11-13-2008, 00:10
In Louisville, Firearm Service Center is good, and sometimes Tilfords, on Fern Valley Road, by Preston. If you want to venture across the river, go to Kiesler's. It'll have to be shipped to a KY FFL, but they have a deal with some place where it's $10 shipping that you pay to Kiesler's and a $10 transfer fee. Still, they're good at making deals.

As to buying a gun as a present, as long as the person recieving it is legally able to possess it, and is a resident of Kentucky (assuming you're a KY resident, by your location listed), no problem. Just remember, when you do the paperwork, though, you're buying it for yourself. You don't want it to look like a straw buy. If you're uncomfortable with that, you can have them come in with you to do the NICS check, where you're paying for the gun but it's their gun, basically.

If they're not a KY resident, it'd have to be shipped to an FFL in their home state, and transferred from there, including a NICS check.

jkruer01
11-13-2008, 07:43
Thanks to both of you. Lots of places to look into.

Also thanks for clarifying the purchasing as a gift. I buy it for myself.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Berretta9
11-13-2008, 08:31
Tilfords is not bad, Bluegrass Indoor range had a few last week that didn't look to be too high. Buds in Paris has some of the best prices as does Whittikers but if you spend 40.00 getting there what have you gained ? There is a place in Bardstown, I think it's called Keene's Depot and they had great prices, plus you can get a nice ham while you're there. Some of the biggest whoppers I've ever heard told were at Firearms Service Center.

CJStudent
11-13-2008, 15:46
Tilfords is not bad, Bluegrass Indoor range had a few last week that didn't look to be too high. Buds in Paris has some of the best prices as does Whittikers but if you spend 40.00 getting there what have you gained ? There is a place in Bardstown, I think it's called Keene's Depot and they had great prices, plus you can get a nice ham while you're there. Some of the biggest whoppers I've ever heard told were at Firearms Service Center.

I agree with the biggest whoppers being told at FSC; you have to know who to listen to there, lol. I'm not a big fan of Bluegrass, though, as they messed me over on selling some guns on consignment through them. I've also heard good things about the place in Bardstown.

cwshootersupply
11-15-2008, 08:10
Whoppers at FSC heaven forbide:wow::rofl:
Berretta9 you listened to some whoopers I told and it wasn't at FSC...........
But that's the rest of the story.............

Berretta9
11-15-2008, 15:27
You told me whoppers ???? Say it ain't so. You'd have a ways to go to make it to their level.

Berretta9
11-15-2008, 15:28
I did just eat some whompers. Left over from Halloween.

KYJoe
11-16-2008, 12:51
Oakwood 499