What is the paid membership system? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What is the paid membership system?

HMayes
11-12-2008, 21:08
What exactly is the paid membership system? I see the place to order a membership under the user cp, but what is it, really? Sorry if this info is someplace else. I looked around but couldn't figure it out.

TJ Willy
11-22-2008, 00:40
+1

I was trying to decide which membership to get and would like a description of each. I looked for it and could not find it. Could someone point me in the right direction?

HMayes
11-22-2008, 08:03
Anyone around here? Maybe I should post this in GNG?

noturiel
11-22-2008, 11:51
I want to join! I want to join! I want to join!

Apparently there is a membership drive going on. :shocked: I say apparently because despite my best efforts, I can't find anything that says:
"How long"
"How much"
Click here.:faint:

Oh, did I mention I would like to join ? And I have my credit card in hand?:wavey:

I really like these smilies...but I can't find one for po'd and impatient...

Razrbk444
11-22-2008, 12:38
http://glocktalk.com/forums/payments.php:wavey:

HMayes
11-22-2008, 12:55
http://glocktalk.com/forums/payments.php

This was the first page I looked at. I see how to order and how much everything costs. I have not been able to find out what exactly IS a paid membership? I.E. What do I get with a silver membership? What is the difference between a silver and a platinum membership? Etc.

Easterbrook
11-22-2008, 13:18
This is what Eric has said on the topic in another thread:

I haven't put up any info on that because the final details are not all in place yet. Each level of membership has access to the same basic things now, but each levels gets progressively more of each function. You get more PM space, you can PM more people at the same time, you get more space in the photo gallery and blog areas. Before Christmas, we will begin offering 'your-name-at'@glocktalk.com email service, with a nice web interface. The successive membership levels will get more email space.

Right now, the classified ads area is just a forum. Soon, it will become an actual classified ads area and when it does, limits will be placed on the number of items people can list. Free members will always be able to list a few items a month and each successive membership level will be able to list more items.There will also be a number of up-sell features, like gallery listings, bold listings, etc, that paid members will have access to. Mostly though, you get the satisfaction of helping me keep this nuthouse running.:supergrin: The site could use the help, folks.

BTW, there is now a 'Paid Memberships' link at the top-right of every page. EP

HMayes
11-22-2008, 13:53
This is what Eric has said on the topic in another thread:

Thanks a ton. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Mrs. VR
11-22-2008, 18:16
Thank you Easterbrook.

Easterbrook
11-22-2008, 18:30
Thank you Easterbrook.

You spelled my name correctly this time. :tongueout: