gun show [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : gun show

southernshooter
11-13-2008, 05:08
Anybody that cares prob. knows there is a gun show at the Jamil in Columbia this weekend. It was so crowded at the last show you couldn't turn around. Prob. be worse at this one.

beavis1957
11-13-2008, 07:43
Anybody that cares prob. knows there is a gun show at the Jamil in Columbia this weekend. It was so crowded at the last show you couldn't turn around. Prob. be worse at this one.

I'm betting it's gonna be completely insane. I'll be there though.

Glockphobia
11-14-2008, 04:20
i wish i could go, but, i'm leaving for a cruise tomorrow morning. i plan on attending the fairgrounds Dec. 13-14

Doc Pathfinder
11-15-2008, 22:52
I went to the show in Columbia on Saturday and I would have to say that in 20 years of going to gun shows all over the southeast that had to be the most crowded one I've ever attended. It was crazy with people parking on the sides of the road and even at a shopping center a quarter of a mile away. Inside the show it was wall to wall people and jacked up prices. I just hope that all this fear does not cause more problems like gasoline did a couple of months ago.

southernshooter
11-16-2008, 06:04
I went but left without getting in line. At 9:30 the line was like 50 yards long. Might try again today.

Sgt. Schultz
11-16-2008, 12:22
I got there Saturday morning about 20 minutes before they opened and the line was stretched to the rear of the parking lot, I had to wait about 50 minutes just to get in the door.

JohnHoliday
11-16-2008, 15:54
I don't think I'm going to go to the one at the Fairgrounds, not if its going to be that crowded, I don't have time for that.

beavis1957
11-16-2008, 16:00
I went today. The parking lot was very full, but there weren't cars lined down the road like yesterday.

Prices were ridiculous on some things, but very reasonable on others. I saw some USGI 30rd AR15 mags lightly used for $10 each and also saw some very nice reasonably priced garands and M1 carbines.

I was shocked by the GA Arms booth. They only had 5 or so containers on the table that is usually full of ammo. They only had less common stuff like 300 win mag and .32 cal rounds. I bet they're VERY happy right now.

I came away only spending $1 on a couple of p38 can openers. LOL.