IBM Lenovo laptops? Any comments? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IBM Lenovo laptops? Any comments?

samarai
11-14-2008, 19:38
I've been eyeballing an IBM Lenovo as my next computer. I currently have an older Dell Inspiron laptop for several years now and have had a host of problems. Anyone out there have a Lenovo?

CaliMoon2005- L
11-14-2008, 20:14
I've been eyeballing an IBM Lenovo as my next computer. I currently have an older Dell Inspiron laptop for several years now and have had a host of problems. Anyone out there have a Lenovo?

IBM used to be a great notebook to have, not any more.... I never had any problem with Dell...

The Pontificator
11-14-2008, 20:42
Dell used to be a great notebook to have, not any more.... I never had any problem with Lenovo...

Kernellinux
11-15-2008, 00:18
working as a network admin for a company I've owned, IBM, Toshiba, Compaq, Sony, Gateway, E-machines. By far the some of the best computers I've ever had are made by Dell. They offer top quality for a low price. Their customer service is remarkable. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes it's difficult to work through the language barrior, but I've never hit a "dead end" we can't help you type of thing. They always honor their warranty to it's fullest and sometimes beyond, I had a Latitude, that had some problems, 2 months out of warranty and they fixed it.
I used to really like ThinkPad's they had some of the top of the line keyboards, but like many other companies when they they went to Lenovo, customer service went WAY down, and the build quality isn't quite as good.

Rexzilla
11-16-2008, 14:29
Our company use to get Panasonics exclusively. They are well built, some to government standards. They do last forever...seen some weird stuff done to them. Some of these old warriors have missing pieces...hunks of them missing large plastic pieces which the owner ...don't tell us the whole story on. But they still work great. We are introducing Lenova. The jury is still out. They are much lighter than the Panasonic CF 51, 52s in service. They seem well built.

noway
11-16-2008, 14:49
Okay notebooks. I have a 60 and 61 from the job, Both are hogs on batteries and this includes the extended battery.

Other negatives, getting the think out of hibernation mode can be difficult at some times. Also my job notebook comes with the thinkvantage connection manager which is cool when your on wifi but a ***** to get the wireless adapter back on.

pizza
11-25-2008, 16:18
I've had a T61 with 9 cell battery for a year now and have had no problems. It's been a solid running machine.

dgg9
11-25-2008, 16:20
I had a Lenovo laptop. The machine itself was nice, but the screen(*) started failing after barely a year -- a well known weak point for them.

* -- but the problem is really the connections at the hinge point, not the screen itself.

Big Al 24
11-27-2008, 18:31
Many people seem to think that they have some of the best keyboards for notebooks out there.

Tinamil
11-27-2008, 19:34
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad, I like it much better than my previous Dell and Toshiba laptops. When it dies I'll replace it with either another Thinkpad or a Macbook.