Need a new monitor/computer - laptop? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need a new monitor/computer - laptop?

Jbar4Ranch
11-15-2008, 20:36
My monitor is about dead - it's old enough it's a CRT and the thing quits CRTing, leaving a bright white line across the middle of the screen unless it's tipped at about a 45 angle. As you might imagine, this makes for a stiff neck in short order, not to mention my brain doesn't understand how to move the mouse when it's seeing the picture standing up on one corner and thinks it has to move the mouse accordingly. The colors also get all bizzaro when it's tipped up. Anyway, since my computer was born in 2002, and is full of all kinds of fun & entertaining gremlins, it's probably about to kick the bucket too. So... I've been thinking of a wide screen, full keyboard laptop instead. Office Depot has a one week sale starting tomorrow and is putting their Toshiba L355-S7831 on sale for $579.99, down $150 from the regular $729.99.

Check it out and tell me what ya think about it. Too many numbers and 'breviations and stuff there fer me to figger out. I don't do any gaming or CAD design or anysuch, pretty much just perusing Web boards such as this, email, photo storage, and document processing.

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/pdet.to?poid=424979

► Large keyboard/10-key numeric pad
► 17" WXGA+ TruBrite LCD screen
► Intel Pentium Dual-Core T3200 2.0 GHz, 1MB L2, 667 MHz FSB
► 3GB PC2-6400 DDR2 memory
► 250GB 5400 rpm SATA hard drive
► Windows Vista Home Premium s/SP1
► Labelflash DVD SuperMulti drive
► 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N wireless
► 3 USB 2.0 ports; 10/100 Ethernet
► 5-in-1 memory card reader