Can you help me re-enable a vista feature? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me re-enable a vista feature?

justinsn95
11-18-2008, 17:02
I am asking this question about windows vista home. I am needing to get that thing at the very top of the desktop to come back. I just converted to vista a month ago so I am not sure what to call it, i think it may be there for the elderly. It is at the top center of the desktop. It has various icons on it, such as Internet Explorer and the recyleing bin and such.

Most people don't have it cause they don't need it, and i accidentally disabled it (i guess i did anyway) on my grandfather's computer and due to his age he has lost the ability to learn new technology very well. (as most old people do) He wants it back and if you have ever tried to teach an old person anything about computers then you can understand my frustration lol. It's not his fault, it's just something that comes with age. Anyway, I have looked around and i can not find how to put that thing back. It's just like a little toolbar or something that hangs there at the very top of the viewable area with some icons on it. Can anyone help me out?

wbgolden
11-18-2008, 22:25
i remember seeing that too but don't know how to get it back. a nice alternative might be ojectdock. it's free. check it out, it's pretty slick :)

http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/

Razrbk444
11-18-2008, 22:46
I'm just guessing at what you are asking, but found this:
Start>All Programs>Accessories>Ease of Access