MS Outlook - The Outbox [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook - The Outbox

Douglas in CT
11-19-2008, 08:33
Hi,
Today, when I attempted to send a 20 mB video clip attachment to an email, it seemed to "send" okay.

But, now I see it in the "Outbox" - even after cycling the Send/Recieve with the F9 button.

What's going (or not going) on?

Thank you.

Sgt. Schultz
11-19-2008, 09:08
Some antivirus and antispam software have known issues with large attachments, you could try disabling "scanning of outgoing emails" and see if that's the problem or perhaps the e-mail is simply exceeds the size limitations for your mail server.

gwalchmai
11-20-2008, 09:11
SMTP is really (REALLY) not designed to transfer large files. Sometimes it'll work, which is kinda cruel, but there are better choices.

Might I recommend sendthisfile (http://sendthisfile.com) ?

StarfoxHowl
11-25-2008, 03:14
Hi,
Today, when I attempted to send a 20 mB video clip attachment to an email, it seemed to "send" okay.

But, now I see it in the "Outbox" - even after cycling the Send/Recieve with the F9 button.

Your internet provider may limit the size of your outgoing mail. An attached file will grow the message size 30 to 40 percent over the size of the attachment. Example a 2Kbyte message, with a 1 Mbyte attachment will be about 1.5 Mbytes when it actually transmits over the wire.

You may want to use a file transfer service like MSN Messenger, Yahoo messenger or the one mentioned earlier in the thread.