New Gun Show Nov 29-30 Santa Fe Station [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Gun Show Nov 29-30 Santa Fe Station

jpa
11-19-2008, 17:43
I've never heard of this group as it's not the crossroads of the west group or any other I'm familiar with. Thankfully it's not at Cashman for a change. I think I'm going to check it out just to see how it is. Anyone else interested in going?

Here's their web site
http://tacticalwest.com/las_vegas_gun_show.php

osiruscyn
11-19-2008, 17:47
do you remember that gun show they had at the all american sports park about 6 months to a year ago? this is the same guy. I didn't go to it but some guys said it was alright. If the prices aren't insane like claude hall (was here last weekend) or like crossroads, i might go.

jpa
11-20-2008, 01:56
I was kinda thinking the same thing...if prices are reasonable it may be worthwhile. I don't like having to pay to shop retail, which is basically what you're doing at the gun shows at Cashman. Of course the only way to see if this one is reasonable is to go and check it out.

osiruscyn
11-20-2008, 09:14
well i checked the website and the entrance fee is $12 and discounts for being a station club member, mil and p.o. discounts etc.

Free parking at least.

I don't know if i'm going to go. It's the weekend right after thanksgiving.

BTW, Dick's is going to have a coupon for black friday for ammo buy one get one 50% off, limit 6 boxes, in their add next week. It's good for Friday the 28th from 6am to 2 pm.

jpa
11-20-2008, 10:06
Thanks for the tip about Dicks, I might have to swing by there on Friday. Either that or send someone to go for me. I'm working til 1330, it might be cutting it close.

I think I'm gonna go to the show just to check it out. I can always leave empty handed like I have from cashman so many times.

osiruscyn
11-20-2008, 11:01
i think the good thing about this guy and his shows is he keeps out the crap like beanie babies and junk like that so it's mainly firearms related.

Maxx702
11-29-2008, 13:29
I went.
Overcrowded and a complete waste of time.

Carver
11-29-2008, 18:32
I went.
Overcrowded and a complete waste of time.

that sucks... I was planning on going on the 30th... looking for an ar pistol... even a Carbon would do-

jpa
12-01-2008, 01:33
I went Saturday afternoon.

Lots of tables, no beanie babies, chinese vases, or beef jerkey. There was however a large number of "collectors" trying to sell their crap rusted revolvers and old as hell rifles. At the front there were a few tables full of AR/AK accessories, black rifles and modern new handguns. Everything was overpriced, from the magazines to the ammo to the guns themselves. You couldn't find an A2 AR15 for under $1000 and carbines were more in the $1200-1400 range for a bushmaster or a DPMS. DPMS stripped lowers were $225, complete lowers w/o stock were $400, with a stock were almost $600. Lower parts kits were $99 ($50-80 online), pistol buffer tube was $120 (again, about $80 online). Magazines were freaking ridiculous. Glock full-cap mags were $29, the G18 mags were $40-45. For the couple tables that did have Pmags, they were $25 for the standard model w/o window and of course none of them had black. AR 30 round USGI mags with the green follower were semi-reasonable, one table had them for $14 apiece but the others wanted $19-$24 each. The show was PACKED and people were buying like crazy regardless of the prices. The aisles were WAY too narrow and added too much to the chaos. I wound up picking up a 7.5" upper for my AR pistol I'm building, I paid $800 complete with carrier & charging handle, and a Lula Mag Loader. I also grabbed a couple hogue grips for my ARs and one for my 1911 for $18 each. Now that I think of it I should have gotten some more USGI mags while I was there, but too late now.

osiruscyn
12-01-2008, 01:38
i didn't go and from the sounds of it, i didn't miss much.

My cousin works at accuracy on boulder highway and stated that they cannot get anything in stock at all now. Everythig it completely backordered.

DittoToo
12-01-2008, 14:35
Thanks. Ya'll saved me a drive across town.

SinCityGlocker
12-02-2008, 18:59
It was HORRIBLE. The lack of beanie babies and crystal statues was nice. If a larger venue had been rented more vendors would have come to fill it and people might actually be able to walk from booth to booth.

bj702
12-25-2008, 11:27
We were there around 9:00 and we got in about 9:45. There was a long line when we got out. Spaces were tight. Rifles were over priced.