Anybody got a "secret" phone # to HP? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a "secret" phone # to HP?

gwalchmai
11-20-2008, 09:08
Or a "secret" email address to like their VP of customer relations? I have an ongoing problem with one of their tablets and I've run up against an intransigent CS rep (in Costa Rica for God's sake :upeyes: ). From time to time I see those "secret" lists of contacts at big companies and I know this problem can be resolved if I can just get through to someone with alick of sense. HP has wasted literally five times the cost of a new retail machine fiddle-farting around.

Thanks!

DoubleWide
11-20-2008, 09:18
Or a "secret" email address to like their VP of customer relations? I have an ongoing problem with one of their tablets and I've run up against an intransigent CS rep (in Costa Rica for God's sake :upeyes: ). From time to time I see those "secret" lists of contacts at big companies and I know this problem can be resolved if I can just get through to someone with alick of sense. HP has wasted literally five times the cost of a new retail machine fiddle-farting around.

Thanks!

Costa Rica - those guys are the worst :steamed:

I bypass them with our local rep at work, but I feel your pain. I spent 1-2 hours going through reps and managers to explain why they should give me the part I wanted and not the part their book said was "electronically compatible". Sure the inside might be the same, but I would like an outside case and you know, connections so I could actually hook it up.:brickwall:

gwalchmai
11-20-2008, 09:25
Costa Rica - those guys are the worst :steamed:

I bypass them with our local rep at work, but I feel your pain. I spent 1-2 hours going through reps and managers to explain why they should give me the part I wanted and not the part their book said was "electronically compatible". Sure the inside might be the same, but I would like an outside case and you know, connections so I could actually hook it up.:brickwall: I can dig it! Every time the HP techs come out and order parts HP sends them the wrong stuff. I talked to the regional t/s manager and she was very helpful and apologetic, but she's running into the same problem. She even got HP to replace the tablet with a refurb, but it didn't have a touchpad, and our original one did. So I'm trying to get them to simply replace our tc4200 with a tx2500, but HP says they can't because the tx2500 is sold through consumer sales and our tc4200 came in through business sales.

So instead of just sending us a proper sub (even if it means buying it and giving it to us), HP is wasting thousands.

grokdesigns
11-20-2008, 18:40
These are the guys at HP to call if you need to expedite your warranty repair if regular customer service fails you. Note that you need to already have a case number in the system.
877-917-4380
x 79 goes to Desktop case manager
x 94 goes to Notebooks

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/
HP's email format is firstname.lastname@hp.com

gwalchmai
11-20-2008, 18:48
Thanks, GD!!!

grokdesigns
11-20-2008, 18:53
Thanks, GD!!!
If you're going the email route, might I suggest reading this first:
http://consumerist.com/consumer/complaint-letters/how-to-launch-an-executive-email-carpet-bomb-259713.php