NC considering MILEAGE TAX now.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NC considering MILEAGE TAX now....

Grayson
11-20-2008, 17:34
:soap: Here's a copy of MY message I'm sending to Easley, and my State Rep and Senator! :soap:

I hear that the State is considering a "mileage tax." I am totally opposed to this idea. This would place an unfair amount of burden on people like me that live in remote areas and thus (generally) must drive more each year than people in more urban areas.

There are also those that must do a lot of traveling for business, in personal vehicles. I imagine that they would not appreciate such a plan either, unless there was some sort of "business exemption." And since most of my driving is due to my commute to work, if they are exempted from work-related travel then I say it's only fair that I would be too!

North Carolinians already have an excessive tax burden in my view. We need to be finding ways to make government work more EFFICIENTLY, not devising new ways to squeeze even more out of NC taxpayers. ESPECIALLY not by unfair plans that punish people that do not live in urban areas!!!

Calculated
11-21-2008, 20:25
That's Easley for ya! I don't think the new governor elect is gonna be any better. Isn't it nice to be a blue state now?:upeyes:

Grayson
11-21-2008, 20:55
Ironic that our new Governor-elect may have the NRA to thank for her victory - at least in part (she was endorsed over McCroy...)

I've already contacted her, and will continue to do so in the future, to let her know I damn well expect her to show that she's EARNED their endorsement...

Nyper
11-21-2008, 21:15
Bunch of baalloooney.. no offense to anyone is from NC, but I can't wait for the wife to finish school so we can move out of the state. :) Would much rather be over in TN or something.. (where I'm from)

NC Bullseye
11-21-2008, 21:57
This little blip on the tax radar won't even be thought of in a few months. I don't care WHAT state you live in or want to move to, in the next six to twelve months you will see EVERY governor, rep, and senator trying to stop the downward spiral. It won't happen. The economy is tanking (or has already tanked and is in the death throws) and a new tax here or a stimulus package there is only CPR, not the cure.

Best thing to do now is figure out how to be as financially secure as you can then stock the pantry and hang on. Tis interesting time we are living.

21 shooter
11-21-2008, 22:10
I doubt that the incoming gov is going to be any better, or less liberal, than the elitist liberal that we now have. The libs in this state have grown fat on the record setting gas taxes we have paid, and are not going to give it up. They will devise another plan. Expecting state govt. to become efficient is a nice thought, but a thought is about as far as it will get.

alwaysshootin
11-21-2008, 22:27
It is just a trend that is starting in NC, and will be country wide soon enough. What amount of money is generated from gasoline tax? With all the hybrid, battery operated cars coming on line, and getting phenomenal fuel mileage, decreasing tax revenue, for cities, states, and federal governments. With each of those governments growing in size, and yet having less revenue, will not do with less revenue, so other means of taxation must occur.

Take this fable of "global warming" being pushed so hard by both parties. Why do you think that is? It's because it is an avenue of new taxation with balancing of carbon footprints, and will be paid proportionally from corporation level down to an individual level for each of us. Just wait, it's coming! You all in NC just happen to be the first on the list of many to come.

Jaybird29
11-23-2008, 07:39
It is just a trend that is starting in NC, and will be country wide soon enough. What amount of money is generated from gasoline tax? With all the hybrid, battery operated cars coming on line, and getting phenomenal fuel mileage, decreasing tax revenue, for cities, states, and federal governments. With each of those governments growing in size, and yet having less revenue, will not do with less revenue, so other means of taxation must occur.

Take this fable of "global warming" being pushed so hard by both parties. Why do you think that is? It's because it is an avenue of new taxation with balancing of carbon footprints, and will be paid proportionally from corporation level down to an individual level for each of us. Just wait, it's coming! You all in NC just happen to be the first on the list of many to come.

I agree completely. California is already taxing more for those people who own hybrids.

I have a genius idea. Instead of taxing more, how about the state of NC cut spending. Ut oh!...I said something libs never want to hear. Cut taxes and cut goverment programs and spending. They can't do that or they wont have people dependent on them and they lose VOTES.

21 shooter
11-23-2008, 19:49
When it comes to creating taxes, I'm sure that NC will be at the forefront.