Magazine Extender for Glock 26 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Extender for Glock 26

LAURAPDG26
11-22-2008, 21:17
Just got my first new gun...a glock 26 and took it to the range to break it in. I have used the range rental but it wasn't nearly as stiff. I put about 75 rounds through this new one and it seems pretty good and the slide is starting to loosen up a bit thankfully.

I came home though and placed an order for that pinky extender magazine because trying to wrap my pinkie around the bottom turned out to be harder than I thought when shooting multiple rounds and was rather sore afterwards from the recoil. Anyone other ladies here have that problem and use the pinky mag extender? Seems like it will help because I tried a 15ct magazine in it and it felt much more comfortable.

purpledragonlily
11-23-2008, 00:02
That issue is why I bought a 19 instead of the 26 (we had rented one). But from all I have read the pinky extender should make it better.

John_Galt
11-23-2008, 12:32
I have 'pinky' extenders on both magazines. They work well, I have average size hands. I also bought several G19 mags with the adapter sleeves. They are real nice. Makes your G26 a G19 with shorter barrel, 3/4" shorter. Adjust the sleeve to keep recoil from pinching skin, shoots very nice. I love it.

Kilroy
11-23-2008, 13:03
Some after market extenders can damage the magazine and cause other functional problems. If you need the extra half inch, just change to a G19, as the grip is always the hardest to conceal, length of slide won't matter much.

Slide operation, like recoil management is largely a matter of technique in this case. You may wish to seek a competent instructor. A simple change in technique will have you easily operating the slide. Consider that as you pull the slide to the rear, at the same time, push forward on the frame, in a safe direction of course. This comes close to halving the effort needed.

LAURAPDG26
11-23-2008, 14:17
Thanks for the advice. I am going to see if I can get some proper instruction soon. I have tried changing my technique with the slide though and it made a world of difference. Instead of me muscling it and failing, the overhand push/pull way is far more efficient and makes me realize that racking it is not a matter of brute hand strength at all. :phew:
Thanks again.

meshmdz
11-23-2008, 15:21
congrats on THE BEST 9mm on the market!!! you CANNOT beat the mighty mighty G26!!! period!

d3athp3nguin
11-23-2008, 20:19
Sneaking into the womens' section for a bit...

If you need a little extra grip space, option 1 for me was a pearce grip extension (just pinky space; no extra rounds added.)

Then there is the official glock +2 grip extension. Not as pretty, but gives you nice grip space on all sides without pinching, and turns your 10-round mags into 12-rounders- really turns your 26 into a shortbarreled 19:
http://www.shootersplus.com/inc/sdetail/4388

Note if you don't get the glock extension from there, make sure you get the floorplate AND that insert together with it; some retailers sell them separately :steamed: