I think ill go to the Kenny Woods show.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I think ill go to the Kenny Woods show....

Kentucky_Guy
11-23-2008, 14:16
next weekend in Lexington...after thanksgiving....

all the talk ive heard on message boards say the shows since the election have been real blowouts....

might have to check this one out....

HollowPoint .45
12-07-2008, 16:09
If thats the same Kenny Woods that own H&K Gun and Pawn near Hazard, he's a great guy to deal with!

KYMike
12-28-2008, 09:24
Hey Kentucky Guy, did you end up going? I was supposed to go with some friends but we lost track of time shopping.

From what I heard, there was nothing but overpriced everything. And dealers who weren't willing to negotiate on ANYTHING because "we don't have to, there's enough panicky buyers to clean us out at double retail."

Not really a surprise I guess, since that's always how that show is, and that's even the same thing you hear in every shop in town these days, too.

Wonder what you thought if you made it out, though.

Kentucky_Guy
12-28-2008, 10:33
HI,

As usual, the show SUCKED.......

no selection of anything but old WWII junk, Nazi books on how to blow stuff up and overpriced guns you can get cheaper at Buds in Paris....

and the worst thing is: it cost TEN BUCKS now to get in....Screw that..

there is another show coming up next week, and i will definitely MISS that one, and every other one from now on.....

Ill just drive to Buds and look around, better selection, better prices and they dont charge you to come in and look....

Dont waste your time/money on Kenny Woods gun shows :(

PSUEng
01-04-2009, 13:05
I've gone to the Kenny Woods show a few times and no one wanted to negotiate. PLus, you pay $10 to get in so add that to any purchase you make. Now the last time I went, I bought an NRA Mini from Sherwood's guns at a great price; $20 cheaper than Bud's and with, in my opinion, a nicer person to deal with. But you can find anything on line or at any of the local shops for the same or better price. And, you don't have to navigate around all the people at the other Home and Garden shows, etc.