Gunshops and Ranges in Columbia, SC? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gunshops and Ranges in Columbia, SC?

Carbonfly
11-24-2008, 08:11
I know that we have Shooter's Choice in Cola, but I don't know of any other places to buy and/or shoot?

My wife and I will be picking up our Glocks within the next month. Is there a better place to go besides Shooter's Choice to get them? Thanks!

southernshooter
11-27-2008, 16:58
I know that we have Shooter's Choice in Cola, but I don't know of any other places to buy and/or shoot?

My wife and I will be picking up our Glocks within the next month. Is there a better place to go besides Shooter's Choice to get them? Thanks!

There is a shop on broad river rd (Palmetto firearms). Also, you could look at lawman's supply in boozer shopping center-their new guns are cheap but you have to be law enforcement to buy. Don't know about their used guns. Then there is sportman's warehouse on piney grove rd at I-26. For places to shoot Shooter's choice is the only indoor range. There is a public range in Newberry and also a public range at Ft Jackson every other Saturday morning. Email me for details if you are interested in directions to those two. Also a private club on fish hatchery rd.

Glockphobia
11-28-2008, 06:39
sportsman warehouse on piney grove rd has lots of glocks, thats where i got my g21sf. where to shoot, i go to indian creek (public/free) in newberry. which is prob where southern is talking about unless its newberry pistol club.
and, if anyone gets any new "toys" for christmas and/or just wants to go shooting at indian creek or anywhere, give me a shout.

Carbonfly
11-28-2008, 18:32
Thanks Glockphobia! That would be fun to go shooting once my "christmas present" arrives. hahaha.

Thanks for all the help guys.

BadAndy
12-10-2008, 14:15
Mid Carolina Rifle Club is right off Fish Hatchery road and has plenty of ranges, none are indoors though and you have to be a member to shoot there. It's definitely worth being a member! One of the perks is they offer the CWP class free to members and their spouses.

Carbonfly
12-10-2008, 14:32
Thanks for the info. We found out that for $100 we could get a one year membership to Shooter's Choice so we decided to take that since it is so close.

We take our CWP test on Jan 3rd. I can't wait!

BadAndy
12-11-2008, 14:03
I hope your CWP class goes better than mine...my Dad and I showed up at MCRC at 7:45 a few Saturdays ago and it was 16 degrees. We were taking the class in a tin building that had no heater! They finally got hold of a propane heater but it barely helped. It warmed up nice outside by lunch time but started dropping rapidly back to the low 30's before we finished up for the evening.

Frost
12-12-2008, 12:03
BadAndy

I hate cold weather.
I would have been shivering so bad my aim would have been off.
Course the shooting segment is so easy I think I could have passed with my eyes closed.

BadAndy
12-13-2008, 01:19
The shooting portion was done when it was the warmest out. It sucked hardcore sitting in that building during the coldest parts though :faint:

Glockphobia
12-13-2008, 06:27
why dont we all plan on meeting up and go shooting after the first of the year?

Carbonfly
12-13-2008, 07:11
why dont we all plan on meeting up and go shooting after the first of the year?

Yea. That would be awesome! :50cal:

BadAndy
12-13-2008, 17:28
Sounds like fun! I'm actually going tomorrow with my Dad to test out his new Kahr CW40 and some of the Golden Sabers I loaded up this evening.

ranger88
12-30-2008, 17:46
I'd be interested in a meet and greet/shooting day at the beginning of the year. I'm a member at MCRC as well.

Glockphobia
12-31-2008, 04:21
Thanks for the info. We found out that for $100 we could get a one year membership to Shooter's Choice so we decided to take that since it is so close.

We take our CWP test on Jan 3rd. I can't wait!

what does a $100.00 membership get you at shooters choice, if you dont mind.

Glockphobia
12-31-2008, 04:23
I'd be interested in a meet and greet/shooting day at the beginning of the year. I'm a member at MCRC as well.

yea, we'll have to do this after carbonfly takes his cwp test! goodluck btw! and hopefully santa delivered his present.

Carbonfly
12-31-2008, 09:50
what does a $100.00 membership get you at shooters choice, if you dont mind.

Unlimited range time. I can stay on a lane all day long if I had enough ammo. I can also bring as many friends with me as I want because we are still only using one lane. Although it does get a bit crowded with more than 3 people there.

BadAndy
12-31-2008, 09:59
I like Shooters Choice because it's indoors which means even on a rainy, cold day you can still go shooting but I don't like going there much because of how crowded it can get and you're stuck inside with no fresh air. My sister and I went there a few times this summer and it was just ridiculous how hot it got in there!!!

I'm also up for meeting at MCRC maybe next weekend if you guys want to.

Glockphobia
12-31-2008, 10:20
I like Shooters Choice because it's indoors which means even on a rainy, cold day you can still go shooting but I don't like going there much because of how crowded it can get and you're stuck inside with no fresh air. My sister and I went there a few times this summer and it was just ridiculous how hot it got in there!!!

I'm also up for meeting at MCRC maybe next weekend if you guys want to.

i could probably do that next weekend or when ever. we'd be guest's of yours?

Carbonfly
12-31-2008, 13:23
How does the guest thing work at MCRC? Would love to go shooting out there.

BadAndy
12-31-2008, 17:47
i could probably do that next weekend or when ever. we'd be guest's of yours?

Yep. I can have 5 guests with me at a time.

We could meet up at the main gate so I can let everyone in with my gate access card...won't be a problem at all.

The best time to go on Saturdays is after noon because they have shooting matches from morning until then. 2-3pm and the place is usually pretty clear. We could also go on a Sunday if that works better.

USMCsilver
01-01-2009, 08:46
I'm pretty sure they still have "Ladies Night" at Shooter's Choice on Wednesdays. This means free range time! Take wife/girlfriend (but not both :) ) and share a lane, and it's free rangetime!

Carbonfly
01-02-2009, 20:32
I just picked up a Ruger MKIII Hunter tonight at Shooter's Choice. Now I have something else to bring along to the shoot other than my G26.

BadAndy
01-07-2009, 15:50
I'm not sure this weekend will be good because of all the rain. I bet the place is a mess right now, especially with how strong the storm was this morning!!

Glockphobia
01-08-2009, 04:17
I'm not sure this weekend will be good because of all the rain. I bet the place is a mess right now, especially with how strong the storm was this morning!!

thats not a prob with me, my work told me yesterday NOT to make any plans for the weekends the remainder of the month. id rather be shooting,but, OT is few and far between now.

BadAndy
01-08-2009, 08:46
We'll figure out something one of these days!

PISTOLHUNTER
01-08-2009, 09:32

I'd be interested as well. Do ya'll have room for one more? :wavey:

BadAndy
01-08-2009, 12:41
Should be plenty of room!

Carbonfly
01-08-2009, 15:56
I want to join MCRC, but does anyone know why they are not accepting new member ships until March?

PISTOLHUNTER
01-08-2009, 21:44
Should be plenty of room!

Sounds good, when you guys can get a date set up I will be there.

Glockphobia
01-09-2009, 04:02
We'll figure out something one of these days!

"cough cough":whistling:

Glockphobia
01-09-2009, 04:03
Carbonfly, did you pass your CWP class?

BadAndy
01-09-2009, 10:11
I want to join MCRC, but does anyone know why they are not accepting new member ships until March?
Not sure...the website doesn't show any info about it. I also haven't received any notification about any issues. The 2700 bay is closed for a while so they may be updating the location and don't want new people seeing it until it's done.

BadAndy
01-09-2009, 10:14
Well, it's supposed to rain late afternoon tomorrow but Sunday looks clear. We could always try for Sunday and then maybe a larger group another weekend when more people can make it.

ranger88
01-09-2009, 14:10
I can't make it this Sunday. Count me in next time.

Thanks,
Andy

BadAndy
01-09-2009, 14:49
I can't make it this Sunday. Count me in next time.

Thanks,
Andy
You got it.

Post up here or shoot me a PM when you want to go.

BadAndy
01-09-2009, 17:50
Yea, so this Sunday is out for me :rofl:Just talked to my Mom and my Aunt is coming to town for the weekend so we'll be hanging out with them.

We'll get to the range one of these days!

Carbonfly
01-09-2009, 20:01
Carbonfly, did you pass your CWP class?

Yep! It was easy. The wife and I both passed with flying colors.