Neighbor is Joining... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor is Joining...

deputy tom
11-25-2008, 15:25
My neighbor is getting initiated tonight.I'm going along with him.I wished he was coming into my Lodge but I'm still excited for him just the same.I ran thru most of the work today and am ready for any position if I'm called upon for help.tom.:cool:

deputy tom
11-25-2008, 19:31
Well the meeting went pretty smoothly even tho everyone was filling a chair they had never done before with the exception of myself and the DDGM.A few minor mistakes but a nice smooth delivery just the same.My neighbor is now my Brother and the Fraternity is better for it.tom.

jetboatdriver
11-25-2008, 21:34
Congratulations to both of you. I see some interesting sessions in your future studying with your new neighbors

deputy tom
11-26-2008, 05:33
Congratulations to both of you. I see some interesting sessions in your future studying with your new neighbors

Thanks jetboatdriver.He is a younger fellow so he should learn easily enough.tom.

mmsig229
12-06-2008, 21:16
That's great!!! My neighbor is being inictiated in my Lodge Dec 20TH. I think I'll be sitting in the East although I'm the Junior Past. The new WM is concentrating on the Degree work that we're being inspected in (FC).

jetboatdriver
12-07-2008, 10:27
This is awesome, both of you have neighbors going in. I am going to Huntsville, AL this week to see my nephew's Masters degree. If any of you are near by, come on over and join in. PM me for Lodge information and times.

deputy tom
12-07-2008, 13:08
Yep,it's nice to have neighbors that can now be called Brothers.JetboatDriver,enjoy the trip to your Nephew's 3rd.Congratulate him for me as well.When I received my 3rd my Dad and Great Uncle where in attendance.Makes for some cherrished memmories since both passed on many years ago.tom.

jetboatdriver
12-08-2008, 21:54
Yep,it's nice to have neighbors that can now be called Brothers.JetboatDriver,enjoy the trip to your Nephew's 3rd.Congratulate him for me as well.When I received my 3rd my Dad and Great Uncle where in attendance.Makes for some cherrished memmories since both passed on many years ago.tom.

Will do Deputy Tom. Having a ring built for him, going to pick it up tomorrow.
He is so pumped up, good thing he is young and doesn't have blood pressure problems.

This fraternity is so fantastic. He told me today not to be too upset if he didnt return my emails and messages right away - he has so many new friends - AND - he is going to be submitting the petition for one of his co-workers right after he is raised.

May God continue to bless us.

deputy tom
12-09-2008, 16:52
Jetboatdriver,I can't say how excited I am for your Nephew and yourself.I only wish I could be there.Best wishes for our soon to be MM.tom.:bowdown:

PS I see you folks meet the same night as our Lodge.Good home page.tom.

jetboatdriver
12-09-2008, 22:20
Jetboatdriver,I can't say how excited I am for your Nephew and yourself.I only wish I could be there.Best wishes for our soon to be MM.tom.:bowdown:

Which folks?

Panther City? www.panthercity.org 3rd Tuesday
Texas Chapter and Counci - www.texaschapterandcouncil.org 1st Tuesday

or another one?

Thanks for your very kind comments and I will tell him of your support. I may have our Panther City SW going with me!!! This would be great.

deputy tom
12-10-2008, 17:51
Panther City on the third Tuesday.tom.:cool:

jetboatdriver
12-13-2008, 09:31

Tom the degree was awesome - the Brothers at Helion Lodge #1 are top shelf, if anyone is ever there, go by and visit. It more than worth the trip.

Told him about your greetings. The DGM actually completed the second section. What an honor that was. My nephew choked up, I choked up, the brothers there were so supportive.

The ring turned out fantastic. One of the brothers in our Lodge is a custom jeweler. My original plan fell through, I called him Monday, he had it ready Weds AM. The other cool thing is that all the people who ever touched that ring, from molding, to pooring, to polishing and finishing are all Master Masons, I took it to him and when I gave it to him no one not a MM had touched that ring since it was made. Cool deal.

Thanks Tom for all of your kind words.

deputy tom
12-13-2008, 15:34
Fantastic report! Good story about the ring too.These are the things that are remembered.Your nephew is lucky to have an uncle like yourself.Maybe he will go thru the chairs and that will be another historic event.I might have to travel down to help install him as WM some day.tom.

deputy tom
02-13-2009, 18:49
Update... in a week and a few days my neighbor/brother will receive his third degree.I have been asked by the DDGM to be his guide and will do so.I've contacted his mother,who asked me a while ago to present him with his late father's Masonic ring.It is being polished up and gone over at the jeweler's right now.This is going to be a great event.I could only be more proud if it were my own son.tom.

jetboatdriver
02-14-2009, 08:05
Update... in a week and a few days my neighbor/brother will receive his third degree.I have been asked by the DDGM to be his guide and will do so.I've contacted his mother,who asked me a while ago to present him with his late father's Masonic ring.It is being polished up and gone over at the jeweler's right now.This is going to be a great event.I could only be more proud if it were my own son.tom.

Tom - This is awesome. I can tell by the way your wording has changed how emotionally invested you are at this point. Please keep the updates coming.

deputy tom
02-14-2009, 08:10
You are very receptive JBD.And yes I'll keep you posted.tom.:cool:

jrr6602
02-17-2009, 06:47
I was fortunate to have my father take part in my EA, however the cancer moved faster than I thought it would. He passed away before my FC. My Mother gave me my Father's rings upon his death. He was SD of his lodge at the time of his death. It is always special to have a family member or close friend to attend your Degree work.

deputy tom
02-17-2009, 06:55
jrr6602,while I'm sorry to hear the loss of your father,I'm glad he was able to share in your EA degree.It's something very special to remember good things like that and smile.tom.

jrr6602
02-17-2009, 07:35
I was serving as a Police Officer in the Metroplex at the time of my initiation. My Father was serving as Sheriff of the county in my home town at the time.

mmsig229
02-18-2009, 14:05
I just passed my neighbor Monday night to the FC Degree. I sat in the East again as our current WM took some time off because of some family issues. We have our Inspection this Sat in the FC Degree. Wish me luck!!

deputy tom
02-18-2009, 16:34
jrr6602,good to see you are carrying on family traditions.

mmsig229,good luck Saturday.Just pretend it's not inspection and all will go smoother.
My neighbor has been lucky as the DDGM has been to each of his first two degrees and will be present at the Third as well.tom.:cool:

glock2740
02-21-2009, 17:40
How do I go about getting involved? My grandfather was a FM. But he died when I was in high school, and I never had the chance to talk to him about it. Thanks.

deputy tom
02-22-2009, 05:46
How do I go about getting involved? My grandfather was a FM. But he died when I was in high school, and I never had the chance to talk to him about it. Thanks.

Ask a friend that you suspect is a Mason.If you don't know any Masons google search the Grand Lodge of your State and contact them.My Lodge got a real good member by that action.tom.

jetboatdriver
02-23-2009, 18:38

Check your PMs.
I would be happy to help you.

deputy tom
02-24-2009, 06:53
Well tonight is the night.They are expecting a large turn-out and I hope it goes well.tom.

jetboatdriver
02-24-2009, 06:59
Well tonight is the night.They are expecting a large turn-out and I hope it goes well.tom.

Awesome - this should be a great experience for both of you.

deputy tom
02-24-2009, 07:03
Awesome - this should be a great experience for both of you.

I'll say.There will be in attendance many of his old family friends and other brothers from their old neighborhood.Should be a good one.tom.

lethal tupperwa
02-24-2009, 07:41
being NEW I am sure he did not see any mistakes.

deputy tom
02-25-2009, 05:30
The degree last night went smoothly.There were 16 visitors in attendance and 15 were from our newly raised brother's old neighborhood.I was number 16.The DDGM served as WM and I as guide with the rest of the officers in their respective stations and places.The candidate's father's best friend presented him with his father's ring,another friend gave him a few tokens and I presented him with yet another lapel pin.Good weather helped in our visiting brother's travels and I am thankfull for that.My neighbor/brother knows that this isn't the end but the start of the rest of his journey.tom.:supergrin:

lethal tupperwa
02-25-2009, 06:40
I remember telling a Son, being initiated, to make sure to call his Father "Brother Dad".

Dad got a big kick out of it.

deputy tom
02-25-2009, 06:43
I remember telling a Son, being initiated, to make sure to call his Father "Brother Dad".

I've heard that.Kind of funny.tom.:cool:

mmsig229
02-26-2009, 03:41
jrr6602,good to see you are carrying on family traditions.

mmsig229,good luck Saturday.Just pretend it's not inspection and all will go smoother.
My neighbor has been lucky as the DDGM has been to each of his first two degrees and will be present at the Third as well.tom.:cool:

My Inspection went great!!! We had a packed house. Opened the doors at 8AM with coffee and pastry, did the Degree, then had a feast for brunch. The DDGM'S were very happy with us and the year we had. Think it's time to turn the Lodge back over to the WM, I'm exhausted!!!!

deputy tom
02-26-2009, 05:21
mmsig229,that is great.Sorry to hear that you're worn out tho.:faint:tom.

mmsig229
02-27-2009, 00:28
mmsig229,that is great.Sorry to hear that you'te worn out tho.:faint:tom.

Well, I'm still president of the Temple Board and a Trustee, so I'm not off the hook yet!!

deputy tom
02-27-2009, 05:29
Well, I'm still president of the Temple Board and a Trustee, so I'm not off the hook yet!!

I hear ya Brother,I hear ya.tom.

Spiffums
03-01-2009, 19:40

I had a lot of family at mine. I remember my Uncle stood up at the end and said I was his Uncle and he was real proud of me. We started calling him Uncle Brother after that.

My degrees were the most fun I could have had, outside of that mishap on the 2nd where we got half through and they forgot what came next then debated it for like 10 mins while I was "uncomforable".

deputy tom
03-02-2009, 17:08
I had a lot of family at mine. I remember my Uncle stood up at the end and said I was his Uncle and he was real proud of me. We started calling him Uncle Brother after that.

My degrees were the most fun I could have had, outside of that mishap on the 2nd where we got half through and they forgot what came next then debated it for like 10 mins while I was "uncomforable".

I'll bet that was something! tom.:wow:

EagleOne716
03-28-2009, 23:09
My error in posting. Sorry.

deputy tom
04-15-2009, 17:54
My error in posting. Sorry.

No need to appologize Brother.tom.