Attn: Nebraska residents [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Nebraska residents

cmzneb
11-26-2008, 21:06
A new non-profit organization has been formed to represent Nebraska firearms owners.

Go to www.nefirearm.com - this is the temp website for "NFOA" Nebraska Firearms Owners Association.

Membership is FREE. Join today!

Ljunatic
11-27-2008, 22:17
Nebraska GTer's....have you signed up yet???

Ljunatic
12-05-2008, 22:48
this is a bump

snubfan
12-26-2008, 16:32
I'm in.

sandhiller
12-29-2008, 20:41
Got signed up, good site!

Ljunatic
12-31-2008, 21:49
Get ready to fight for changes in the Nebraska CHP laws. The Unicameral convenes Jan. 7, 2009

Fred G
01-04-2009, 08:28
Nebraska GTer's....have you signed up yet???

Just signed up today. Did not know about it until I stumbled across the forum on Glock talk. It would be nice if we could get the uni-cameral to do something like adopt the castle doctrine instead of the retreat in your own home bs. However in the 10 years I have lived in Nebraska, my impression of that august body is that they are as productive as a sack of cats having water thrown on them.

Ljunatic
01-04-2009, 11:30
Well Fred, we just need to make em see things our way, but we must unite and get politically active before that will happen.

Thanks for joining the effort

cmzneb
01-04-2009, 15:05
Just signed up today. Did not know about it until I stumbled across the forum on Glock talk. It would be nice if we could get the uni-cameral to do something like adopt the castle doctrine instead of the retreat in your own home bs. However in the 10 years I have lived in Nebraska, my impression of that august body is that they are as productive as a sack of cats having water thrown on them.

Fred- Welcome! Glad you found us.

Nebraska does need Castle Doctrine....... However you are not required to retreat in your own home or place of work. (Retreat is required though if elsewhere and you can safely get away). Thing is though in your home, you cannot shoot someone just because they broke into your home (Castle Doctrine style), however you must believe that you are facing death, serious bodily injury, kidnapping or sexual assault.

PS- Cool Avatar! That is a pic of my Glock .22 conversion next to my Glock 21! You must have found that on my blog!

Fred G
01-04-2009, 20:39
Fred- Welcome! Glad you found us.

Nebraska does need Castle Doctrine....... However you are not required to retreat in your own home or place of work. (Retreat is required though if elsewhere and you can safely get away). Thing is though in your home, you cannot shoot someone just because they broke into your home (Castle Doctrine style), however you must believe that you are facing death, serious bodily injury, kidnapping or sexual assault.

PS- Cool Avatar! That is a pic of my Glock .22 conversion next to my Glock 21! You must have found that on my blog!

Don't remember where I found the picture, but immediately loved it for its tongue in cheek msg that can he read many ways. Love the tack driving G21SF but my G19 is also a smooth piece of work. Just had eye surgery again and am waiting. less than patiently, to be released so I can go to the range again.

cmzneb
01-04-2009, 20:43
Don't remember where I found the picture, but immediately loved it for its tongue in cheek msg that can he read many ways. Love the tack driving G21SF but my G19 is also a smooth piece of work. Just had eye surgery again and am waiting. less than patiently, to be released so I can go to the range again.

You found it here: http://neccw.blogspot.com/2008/07/little-fun-off-topic-of-safety.html

RailRider
02-26-2009, 16:02
Hello I will check it out

RailRider
02-26-2009, 16:12
O.K. I joined

Lok.40
02-27-2009, 23:27
I joined months ago to both this site and CCW Nebraska. Nothing much has happened in terms of legislation except the unheard bill LB430.

cmzneb
02-27-2009, 23:49
I joined months ago to both this site and CCW Nebraska. Nothing much has happened in terms of legislation except the unheard bill LB430.

Out of curiosity..... What are you expecting to happen?

Lok.40
02-28-2009, 11:25
Out of curiosity..... What are you expecting to happen?

Well, there was a lot of talk of CCW permit holders. Bruining stated his interpretation, some cities repealed their bans but many did not. Than there was talk of preemption and LB-430 got written and introduced. It has not seen the floor yet and there is rumor that it never will. We wrote to a lot of Senators and have done a lot of work and there is only minimal resolution like Kearney and Beatrice. We still are in serious need of border to border resolution on CCW, and Castle Doctrine is a necessary fact too. As it is right now, no one has mentioned anything about Doctrine in the legislation. This is a serious issue in regards to liability, wrongful death, and possibly even criminal lawsuits in the event of a defense shooting.

Now, there was the fact that someone mentioned a lawsuit from the NRA against the cities that continue to ban CCW. Nothing has been heard on this and I wonder if its even still in the works.

So, I'm not saying that the forums are not really neat at these two sites, and they really help keep the people informed. But more so, I am just getting disgusted with the lack of support by the legislation and the judiciary committee on these two issues. We try hard and we come a long way, but things are slow, slow, slow. Even LB-430 being written and in the system and nobody wants to hear it. Typical politicians, they want to keep their seats and look good while doing it. But when it comes time for action, they act their hands are all tied or something. I hope this answers your question.

cmzneb
02-28-2009, 15:30
Unfortunately the law making process is slow! LB 430 should move, we just have to be patient. Rumor has it that the public hearing is tentatively scheduled for Mar 26. Then it has to get out of committee, then it has to go to the floor to go through the 3 rounds of debate. The session goes through June 4th, so it could take some time.

There is a lot of behind the scenes efforts and work that goes on to make legislation happen. Bills are typically crafted PRIOR to the session, and brought about by constituent and lobbyists meeting behind close doors during the off-session time. There is a lot of research that has to go into the process.

While we are all anxious for LB 430 to get to the floor, it is actually a good thing for it to happen more towards the end of the session. Some Senators won't vote FOR it if they fear that will cost another Senators vote on a pet project bill of their own.

Lots of people mentioned Castle Doctrine when NFOA polled members, but I can guarantee that won't even be discussed with a Senator until the off-session time. At least Nebraska has a decent provision for using lethal force in your home currently (some other states require retreat from your own home!)