Ink Cartridges [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ink Cartridges

JohnJak
11-27-2008, 10:59
Can I install all black ink cartridges in my epson 6000cx and still have it function properly. I really don't need the color. It would be cheaper in the long run for me.

wbgolden
11-27-2008, 11:12
I don't know that specific printer but I'd doubt it because the carriers are designed differently.

You could just let the color run out or leave it as-is and change your printer properties to just print grayscale.

I suppose technically you could just refill your color cartridges with black ink instead of the colors but the results wouldn't be very good I think. Better to go the grayscale route.

If you're using Windows, you can get to your printer from the control panel. Right click on it and choose Printing Preferences. There should be a grayscale option there. I also have mine set to "draft" to save ink because most stuff I print doesn't need to be too fancy. :)

Sgt. Schultz
11-27-2008, 12:11
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1844715763.1227812952@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdiadefkjmjdkgcgemcfjgdfljdfon.0&cookies=no&infoType=FAQs&oid=72303&prodoid=63059192&category=Products

Q: Can the Stylus CX still print if an ink cartridge is expended or not installed?

A: No. The Stylus CX will not operate if any cartridge is expended or removed. Itís best to always have extra cartridges on hand.

3 weelin geezer
11-28-2008, 10:54
Why not just refill it when it runs out?

JohnJak
11-28-2008, 16:48
Why not just refill it when it runs out?

I thought the cartridges were under some sort of pressure.

3 weelin geezer
11-29-2008, 10:12
Nope. All you have to do in some cases is peel back the sticker on top exposing the fill holes. Then you fill a syringe with 2-4 cc's of the color, jab it in there and slowly fill it or it makes a mess if it overflows which is where the newspaper comes in handy to avoid a mess on the carpet. Then you put some clear tape over the hole gently like the sticker. My printer still shows my black cartrige 1/2 full though it was running out of ink so I stuck some more in and its ok now. My sister takes her carts to walgreens for a refill now and then. That one time use on the package is there to make you buy more when the pittance they fill them with runs out. I think it comes out to around $2000 a gallon of ink....and people complain about the price of gas.