What ranges do you use? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What ranges do you use?

macian1
11-28-2008, 00:17
We have an Indoor Pistol club here in Centralia.

doug piston
11-29-2008, 12:28
wades in bellevue

bisdak
12-01-2008, 19:21
Champion Arms in Kent.

col_jp
12-01-2008, 19:36
Cascade Rifle and Pistol range in Ravensdale.

Fred Hansen
12-01-2008, 20:11
The Vashon Sportsmen's Club (http://www.vashonsportsmensclub.com) range.

Kartar
12-13-2008, 23:32
I shoot at Bulls Eye in Tacoma. It is 250 for a years membership.

Boyd
01-05-2009, 10:03
I shoot outdoors in Snoqualmie here:
http://svrifle.com/
It is a great members only range, I highly recommend checking it out. You do need to be a guest or you can swing by the monthly meeting to ask questions and join. Rates are lowest in King County. SV has separate covered rifle and pistol lines, and with any luck I'll get some NRA classes going there again this year (kinda fell down on that in 08). Boyd (I rather miss WSI still...) Kneeland

SquatcHunter
01-05-2009, 19:28
what about any gravel pits in the area?? any back woods areas, something of hwy 22? maybe something you need 4x4 to get to? i know they shut down reiders pit area...patrolled pretty heavily now!

Boyd
01-05-2009, 22:05
Ya really need a "pit" that -isn't- gravel based. It was either in cap forest or up near Spada lake (before all that got shut down in a storm of controversy not worth revisiting) that a dad watched his son, iirc, die of a head wound off a ricochet. It might be a low probability risk but given the bad media that backwoods shooting area messes have already given us, it's worth 60 or 80 bucks to me to have a bench to sit at and berm that I've helped a group clean up. Sorry to be a wet blanket (it's just my two cents) I'm sure others will suggest areas like this. (please pack out more then you take in). -Boyd

Kendall13
01-05-2009, 22:51
I loved my one year membership at Wade's in Bellevue when I first learned to shoot, but it was too far for me to travel to regularly. It is very clean air wise for an indoor range, nice rangemasters, nice crowd to talk shop with and share guns with, well lit, and a nice selection of new guns to try out.

I go to Bullseye in Tacoma now to keep practice up and to test out potential future purchases, though there aren't too many new options there. It's kind of smoggy and dark there. I don't like it much but it is convenient on rainy and snowy days.

The best outdoor range is the Paul Bunyan range in Puyallup. You have to be an NRA member to shoot there or be a guest of a member, but man it is like Disneyland! Nice landscaping, peaceful, lots of green rather than dirt.

I might be moving to the Renton Gun and Fishery Range or the Marksman soon. I am hoping to train up on IDPA skills hence the decision. I am not too fond of the facilities at either place, but it is hard to find places that will allow you to practice rapid firing.

Fred Hansen
01-06-2009, 00:58
I shoot outdoors in Snoqualmie here:
http://svrifle.com/
Rates are lowest in King County.Not quite true. Vashon's club is $100 for 21-64, and $35 for 65 and older. :wavey: :supergrin:

Boyd
01-12-2009, 10:30
Not quite true. Vashon's club is $100 for 21-64, and $35 for 65 and older. :wavey: :supergrin:

Good on ya, you beat us by $15. is Vashon in King County?

Fred Hansen
01-12-2009, 10:51
Good on ya, you beat us by $15. is Vashon in King County?Of course it is.