Good laptop deal... Tiger Direct [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good laptop deal... Tiger Direct

IndyGunFreak
11-28-2008, 10:09
I've got the Acer 5313-2153, and its not a bad laptop in my opinion.. not sure how different the 2698 is, but I know folks here are always looking for a deal. Even comes w/ a wireless router.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4323364&Sku=A180-15000%20DLINK

Even comes w/ a D-Link router

Or if you don't need the router, and mail in rebate..
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4245927&Sku=S445-150010
IGF

JMag
11-28-2008, 11:00
Alas, it has a Celeron proc...

BuckyP
11-28-2008, 11:03
Several years ago I ordered from Tiger Direct. They took the liberty to use my CC to order a bunch of magazine subscriptions for me. When I called the CC company to dispute it, they were not surprised, said that they got this complaint often about them. Needless to say, I'll never order from them again.

IndyGunFreak
11-28-2008, 20:41
Several years ago I ordered from Tiger Direct. They took the liberty to use my CC to order a bunch of magazine subscriptions for me. When I called the CC company to dispute it, they were not surprised, said that they got this complaint often about them. Needless to say, I'll never order from them again.

LMAO.. I'd bet I've spent every bit of 20k over the last 10yrs with TD, and have never once had a problem like you describe... sorry, I'm calling BS on that one.

As for the Celeron.. eh, mine is fine.. I just see posts here from people looking for a cheap laptop, and I've been happy w/ my Acer.. but you're right, there's a lot better processors out there than the Celeron.

IGF

BuckyP
11-29-2008, 10:19
LMAO.. I'd bet I've spent every bit of 20k over the last 10yrs with TD, and have never once had a problem like you describe... sorry, I'm calling BS on that one.

It's possible that one bad egg can spoil the basket for an individual. I'm glad you have had good experience by them. But to imply that I am lying in any way? Gee thanks.

I'm willing to bet I still have the statements from these transactions.

:steamed:

PS: I have had lots of good transactions with ******. Guess I've got a lot of people to track down and imply they are BS'ing others. Sorry I tried to help you out in any way.:steamed:

Big Al 24
11-29-2008, 18:47
It's possible that one bad egg can spoil the basket for an individual. I'm glad you have had good experience by them. But to imply that I am lying in any way? Gee thanks.

PS: I have had lots of good transactions with ******. Guess I've got a lot of people to track down and imply they are BS'ing others. Sorry I tried to help you out in any way.:steamed:

I've never had a problem with TD or the EGG, but I'm not saying you're lying. It could've been a problem employee and it most often is. After looking at the price differences between brick and mortar and online, I buy most tech gear online. Both of the times I have had my identity messed with it has been because somebody got the account number off of one of my checks. Printed out the returned check from my banks website and it had all of my account info with someone else's name and address at the top. If someone wants to get your ID they don't need the internet to do it.

Sweet deal you got there Indy!!! Enjoy!

IndyGunFreak
11-29-2008, 22:16

****** is a completely different story, you didn't have to master the search feature of any gun forum to find numerous complaints about ******, but I'm sure there were plenty of folks who had good experiences...

Sorry, I still call BS, thats just to far out there. I'm not saying your account wasn't compromised, and maybe it was compromised because of TD, but to say they just signed you up for some magazine subscriptions, I find that very difficult to believe. I wasn't really posting for help, I was posting a link for others...

IG

IndyGunFreak
11-29-2008, 22:29
Sweet deal you got there Indy!!! Enjoy!

I didn't buy it, I just passed it along cuz I always see posts here, or elsewhere, for cheap laptops.... I got my 5315-2153, for $329 on one of those black friday sales at Wal Mart. It was actually $349, but since I was willing to purchase the display(which I always laugh about, because it was behind plastic, nobody could touch it), they knocked another $20 off. The worst part was standing there 20min while the employee was trying to track down the box w/ the ac adapter, manuals, etc..

IGF

BuckyP
11-29-2008, 23:37
****** is a completely different story, you didn't have to master the search feature of any gun forum to find numerous complaints about ******, but I'm sure there were plenty of folks who had good experiences...

Yes, search engines are a wonderful thing.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/496-10-tigerdirect-sucks
http://digg.com/tech_news/TigerDirect_s_employees_explain_how_it_sucks
http://www.epinions.com/content_75878207108
http://rorymccaw.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2C4CD58BB2826E21!2032.entry
http://www.complaints.com/2006/november/22/Tiger_Direct_Sucks_1480.htm

And my favorite:

Last night (6/24), I received an e-mail confirming that this wrongful 6/20 charge for $48.79 is in the process of being refunded to me. I called again today (6/25) and got more information from a very helpful woman called Beverly, who reconfirmed that my refunds were being processed, and told me they've been receiving a huge volume of calls from people who were wrongly charged by a company called 'Tiger Direct.'

Sorry, I still call BS, thats just to far out there. I'm not saying your account wasn't compromised, and maybe it was compromised because of TD, but to say they just signed you up for some magazine subscriptions, I find that very difficult to believe. I wasn't really posting for help, I was posting a link for others...
IG

I found my records, I was billed by Newsub Services Inc. The CC Company found that the order was placed through Tiger Direct. This was a phone in order (admittedly, this happened longer ago than I remembered). Nothing was ever mentioned about any magazine subscriptions. It is likely this was an individual thing on behalf of the operator, perhaps he got a commission on selling these subscriptions. :dunno:

IndyGunFreak
11-30-2008, 07:43
. It is likely this was an individual thing on behalf of the operator, perhaps he got a commission on selling these subscriptions. :dunno:

Now that is possible, and I stand corrected.... I just doubt this was a rampant issue all through TD, was my point. In my opinion, this isn't an issue w/ TD, you were likely a victim of fraud by some stupid CSR...

Glad you got it worked out...

IGF