dazed an confused [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : dazed an confused

W420Hunter
11-30-2008, 14:40
ok so walking round my land i found a deer body. missing the head front legs from the knee up, skin and there was a cut on the back that made it look like the spin had been removed. now the crazy thing is there where none of the tell tail marking that it had been cleaned there. any one have any ideas?

Gun Shark
11-30-2008, 14:44
i wouldn't do anything for a couple of weeks if more carcasses show up set up a couple of video cameras and call the police or you could have fun with them and possibly make money off of them by cleaning their mess up.

StockGlock23
11-30-2008, 23:45
Poachers....taking head and front shoulders for a mount, backstraps are taken and the rest of the deer is left to rot. No need to gut it I guess if it was just a slimeball poacher.

vafish
12-01-2008, 07:01
Poachers....taking head and front shoulders for a mount, backstraps are taken and the rest of the deer is left to rot. No need to gut it I guess if it was just a slimeball poacher.

+1

It must have been a nice sized buck.

I'd invest in some game cameras and see who is using the area.

W420Hunter
12-01-2008, 14:17
i wouldn't do anything for a couple of weeks if more carcasses show up set up a couple of video cameras and call the police or you could have fun with them and possibly make money off of them by cleaning their mess up.

the odd thing is they did gut it but there was no blood there or any where on my land

vafish
12-02-2008, 09:54
the odd thing is they did gut it but there was no blood there or any where on my land

Then maybe it was someone who simply dumped their mess after taking the good parts out of the deer.

Might be a neighbor or someone else living nearby.

Peace Warrior
01-14-2009, 01:17
Take your shot & Drive/walk away & Come back to get the kill & Load it and go & Dump the carcass good ways from where you originally shot it... all = poacher