Getting a Glock! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Glock!

Mike The Marine
12-01-2008, 14:52
Hey everyone how are you doing? I'm new to glock talk and I found this part of the forums. Glad I did. I'm a Prior US Marine and I'm thinking about Purchasing a Glock. I would like to get a G26 G27 or G29. I would like to stay away from the 9mm but that is not a must. I have a Taurus PT145 and I think that I am going to sell that to a friend and get a Glock to see what it can do for me. It will be a carry gun in the near future as soon as I get the stuff I need for CCW. Anyone know where I can pick up a new or in great condition used one? I'm thinking less then 500 rounds or so. My price range is not very high. I'd say around the $350-$400 area. Any Comments or sugestions would be much apprichated. I have held one before and I enjoy the way they feel in my hand.

Thanks for your Help. Semper Fi to all the Marines in the Forums.

Mike The Marine
12-01-2008, 21:40
After Talking some to a very nice person here on the Forums I would not Mind adding the G23 to the list

JohnHoliday
12-01-2008, 22:07
Hey Mike! Good luck getting a gun for that price, they all are great guns. I would choose the G27, but I like the 40's, and that would go well with my 23.

I don't know where you can get a used one, but good luck! Check the Firearms listings here daily.

NC Bullseye
12-02-2008, 12:31
Hi Mike and welcome!

Good choice going with the Glock. Only thing I'd add is to not rule out the 9mm. The G19 is a great carry gun and fun to shoot too. The 9mm are going to be quite a bit cheaper to shoot and with the modern ballistics, the playing field is much more level. The 9mm +p rounds are very effective and not cost prohibitive.

As for carry gear, don't above all scrimp on the belt and holster. You NEED a gun belt, not the dress belt from wally world. For inside the waist holsters look at comp-tacs C-Tac. It's well reviewed and of good quality. For belts I'm very partial the dual layer bull hide belts from thebeltman.net. Jim is a NC vendor and does outstanding work. I've been to his shop and he is truly an artist. If you have the coin to go to the horse or shark or elephant you won't be disappointed.

Keep your eyes open for police trade in sales. You may be able to get in your price range if you find one of these sales.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Nyper
12-02-2008, 13:09
For belts I'm very partial the dual layer bull hide belts from thebeltman.net. Jim is a NC vendor and does outstanding work.

I couldn't agree more. When I first started trying to carry, all I had was some department store belt that wasn't worth a fart.

I finally broke down a year or two ago and ordered a dual layer bull hide belt from thebeltman.net. Holy cow... it made such a big difference. Actually, I don't even carry IWB anymore, so I don't need a "carry belt"... but the belt just makes my pants so much more comfortable it's all I wear. I've been meaning to order another one in a different color and keep putting it off.

silsby
12-02-2008, 19:41
Hi Mike,

You might want to check with Arrington Police Supply in Greensboro. If you fall under the Glock discount for military, fire service, or ems you can save a few bucks. I priced a G23 from them for $398. You are looking at probably $425 out the door.

Bill

Mike The Marine
12-02-2008, 21:08
WOW!!

Thank you all for your input. I will have to go to greensbro and check that out. I would qual for the Military as I am a Disabled Vet. Thank you all very much and if any of you have something that you don't mind selling please let me know. I might be able to up the anty in my price range here in the next week or so.

Thank you all again.

Mike

Stablefall
12-04-2008, 13:22
Thank you for your service, Mike. I am also Mike, a former Marine but was in a long, long time ago during Nam

alwaysshootin
12-04-2008, 14:18
Both Mikes, thank you for your service! To the original Mike, I think military personel can get a discount of 100 bucks off new Glocks. Not sure how you go about it, but that would put a new one close to your price range. Maybe someone can tell you how you go about getting the discount, or do a search here on the forum. Welcome to the forum!

Mike The Marine
12-04-2008, 22:05
Oh wow Ill have to look into that. That would help out a ton getting to my price range. Thank you all and Mike Thank you for your service sir. With out you I would not of had the Honor to serve our counrty. thank you.

Semper Fi

honkey
12-30-2008, 17:08
If you find a Glock for that price, it's probably stolen. Carry on Devil Dawg.

0311 here.... HOOH RAH

D-GLOCK17
12-30-2008, 17:21
Since you say you don't want a 9, from your list, I am in favor of the G27.

ranger88
12-30-2008, 17:29
I found a LNIB Glock 23 at a local pawn shop, that I use for transfers, and got it for $450 OTD, with two 13 round mags, case, etc... Just keep your eyes peeled and have cash in hand ready to pounce if you get the chance. And don't be afraid to negotiate.