I hate viri [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I hate viri

havensal
12-02-2008, 17:22
If I ever find someone that has ever written a virus I will torture them to for days. :steamed: The jail time would be worth it. :rofl:

I just found the toughest trojan I have ever seen.

A coworker brought in his PC and told me he got "Antivirus 2009". He tried to get rid of it, but IE was still redirecting him constantly.

I did some research and found what I needed to fix it. Unfortunately whoever wrote this thing knew what could kill it. I tried everything to install and run the programs. The only way I could get them to work was to rename the .exe. :shocked:

I have never heard of such a thing.

Scans are running as I type, we'll see if I can tackle it.

Would have been much easier to reformat and reinstall, but I like a Challenge. :supergrin:

kalashluvr
12-06-2008, 15:55
yep...this one is a booger. Not many things will remove it...I reloaded one that had it because I just got tired of fooling with it.

Pierre!
12-06-2008, 16:35
HAHAHAHA....

It's only funny because I am currently in the process of recovering my wife's notebook from one of the Downloader Trojans...

Let's hear it for good backups... So far only 2 hours into it, and the restore from backup is about to begin.

Viruses DO SUCK! and so do their authors!!!

IndyGunFreak
12-06-2008, 16:45
Oh how I miss the days of daily virus scans, spyware scans, updating antivirus, updating spyware software, daily security updates, etc.. :)

Hope you get it worked out.

IGF

srhoades
12-06-2008, 17:54
If you are trying to run combofix and the program is detecting it, just rename combofix. I've done this before.

d3athp3nguin
12-06-2008, 20:36
Oh how I miss the days of daily virus scans, spyware scans, updating antivirus, updating spyware software, daily security updates, etc.. :)

Hope you get it worked out.

IGF

Yes, last virus that ravaged my machine was 5 years ago... that's when I started dabbling in Linux. Never looked back since.

Newer versions of trojans that I encountered while doing tech support were virtually impossible to recover from, because they would compromise a system so thoroughly. Reformatting was simply necessary for some variants, because no antivirus client could remove them without bombing the whole OS.

Patrick Graham
12-06-2008, 21:36
I've been lucky lately, zero viri.

I credit that luck to doing all my dirty work and going to all the bad places in Virtual Machines.

I've had a couple of instances where I deleted the Virtual Machine's disk and started over when things got a little hinky.