Kholster Holster What you all think? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kholster Holster What you all think?

peteG21
12-05-2008, 09:49
has anybody tried one yet? Not a bad price. $33.50 delivered.Lifetime warranty, 90 day satisfaction Guarantee.sounds good I placed an order waiting for delivery...http://www.kholster.com/

FuerGrissaOstDrauka
12-05-2008, 09:50
Just nail a holster to a piece of drywall, it'd be cheaper.

ragu1macrider
12-05-2008, 10:24
has anybody tried one yet? Not a bad price. $33.50 delivered.Lifetime warranty, 90 day Guarantee.
http://www.kholster.com/

What's the difference between the "Lifetime Warranty" and the "90 day Gaurantee"?

peteG21
12-05-2008, 10:58
I believe is 90 day satisfaction guaranteed...

peteG21
12-16-2008, 07:22
I got my new holster from Kholster on friday I wore it all weekend...wow very surprised with the quality of the holster its outstanding,the kydex part hugged my G21 perfectly retention was perfect reholstering was smooth...the leather was very clean cut smooth on one side (kidex side) the other side was a little raw like suade but a little rougher,the clips are sturdy and strong it really hugs my 1 1/2" 5.11 belt perfectly... you can adjust it in several positions I was surprised how my G21 concealed. It was very confortable to wear, it literally disapeared on my waist band, I wore it a little deep at 4:00 oclock position with no hasles. I was trying to decide between the Crossbreed or the M-tac before but I couldn justify the $80.00 price tag for a simple design.I found Kholster after doing some research its a new company and I belive they are going to give Crossbreed and M-tac some good competition.. Boy im glad I decided to go with Kholster its the best $33.50 I've ever spent...It was very confortable out of the bag It could only get better after I brake it inn...I rate it a solid A+ Im parking my Kramer #2 in horsehide for a while...Ill post pics as soon as possible... THX :cool:

keyser
12-16-2008, 07:32
It looks like a knock-off of the Crossbreed at half the price. I'd imagine it would be pretty comfortable after breaking in. Seems like it would be hard to get a full hand grip on the gun quickly though if it holds tight against all that leather up there.

Scott_F
12-16-2008, 07:42
Looks like it might be worth a try. I'm not sure why someone dissed it with the drywall comment.

ro42023
12-16-2008, 07:51
thats a taurus millenium pro. i own a pt145

peteG21
12-16-2008, 08:10
It looks like a knock-off of the Crossbreed at half the price. I'd imagine it would be pretty comfortable after breaking in. Seems like it would be hard to get a full hand grip on the gun quickly though if it holds tight against all that leather up there.

I had no problem with the grip portion of it..On the one I purchased the grip portion was a little differrent on my G21 the grip was more exposed.. That picture on their website posted must have been a prototype..Mines the leather portion on the Kydex side was very smooth and clean also the holes for the clips adjusting was much cleaner..Ill post pics soon,I will also post a discount code I got from them you can all use for ordering. :cool:

peteG21
12-19-2008, 06:57
Here are some pics of my new Kholster IWB with my G21...I had to use my phone for the pics I lost my usb cable for my digital camera sorry...Check out them love handles!

peteG21
12-19-2008, 07:13
Im still playing with the different adjusting positions so Im still trying to find that perfect kant, holstering and reholstering its very smooth Ive been wearing it for a week now and no issues.I'm glad I went with Kholster I almost dropped $80.00 on a M-tac my friend has one and after trying out my Kholster he ordered one for his Springfield 1911. :cool:

allcd88
12-19-2008, 23:40
From the pictures on the web, it looks like you wouldn't be able to get a full grip on your handgun due to the kydex rolling out or being too high above the trigger guard.

tonerguy
12-20-2008, 03:07

Just another in the chain of knock-offs. The Crossbreed wasn't created from an idea that occurred one day in the shower, either.

Gee, I wonder who was first with a hybrid IWB holster?

Who knows the answer?

Oh, yeah! "The Answer (http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/anforpi.html)."

Still made with the best leather money can buy, and worth every penny.

Oh, well, those who know, know that already.

Merry Christmas from Tucker Gunleather (http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/index.html).

peteG21
12-20-2008, 13:21
From the pictures on the web, it looks like you wouldn't be able to get a full grip on your handgun due to the kydex rolling out or being too high above the trigger guard.

the leather its against your skin like a second skin effect I can draw and reholster it with no issues the leather doesnt get in the way at all and If you dont like it you can always trim it at your liking...hey for $33.50 delivered Im very happy with it.. I have been wearing it every day now and its very confortable with my G21 in it.:cool:

mr.scott
01-28-2009, 20:12
I have one for my XD 40 and was going to order one for my glock 23, but an unknown source that isn't happy to have competition is trying to shut kholster down. :(
For someone to be able to patent a holster and enforce it is amazing. I guess they beat the bigger guys to the punch but don't want to go after them because the likes of Galco has a much larger legal department.
I hope Kholster pulls through as I won't spend the outrageous prices for the Tucker Gun Leather or Comp-Tac Minotaurs.

tonerguy
01-28-2009, 23:15
I have one for my XD 40 and was going to order one for my glock 23, but an unknown source that isn't happy to have competition is trying to shut kholster down. :(
For someone to be able to patent a holster and enforce it is amazing. I guess they beat the bigger guys to the punch but don't want to go after them because the likes of Galco has a much larger legal department.
I hope Kholster pulls through as I won't spend the outrageous prices for the Tucker Gun Leather or Comp-Tac Minotaurs.

Interesting point of view. We're not involved in trying to shut Kholster down. I didn't try to shut Crossbreed or Minotaur down either. We have plenty of business and people do want holsters at different price points and quality levels. No harm, no foul.

Jaxco
04-11-2009, 10:54
KHolster all the way.... I would never have worn an IWB holster without this fine holster at such a reasonable price.

JimK
04-11-2009, 19:49
Pete , did you trim that leather on the Kholster? The holster on the websight is like a round shape .

TJS
05-23-2009, 08:29
Are the clips metal or kydex? Did you ever find them slipping off the belt?

Fly-n-hi
05-23-2009, 10:38
I got a Kholster for my M&P .45 fullsize. I trimmed down the leather so that I could get my hand around the grip. The leather will hamper your draw if you don't.

The clips are metal and you can tuck in your shirt while wearing it.

Great holster for the price.

hcsaturnguy
05-23-2009, 11:51
I ordered a Kholster for my G27 on Friday night and recieved it on Wednesday or Thursday of the next week. So far it is really great. When I first got it, I did very little adjusting to the clips, then strapped it on and waited for my wife to get home. We made dinner, cleaned up, and sat together on the couch for about 30 minutes before I told her that I had it on, and she said that she never noticed. Pretty good seeing as I'm only 5'10" and 150lbs. It seems to work equally well with jeans and t-shirt as it does with dress pants and tucked in shirt and tie. Overall, excellent quality so far. Couldn't be happier.

IHTFP
05-24-2009, 09:38
Wearing one right now for a g30. Great holster for $35

isis07734
05-24-2009, 12:29
Cant knock it, never tried it... but cmon... why would anyone? Just get a Comptac if thats the style you want.

smrkdown
05-24-2009, 12:39
It seems that most every KHolster owner has had to modify their KHolster in some way. This tells me that the design still has some kinks that need to be worked out. The CrossBreed SuperTuck looks like a more mature design. The only modifications that are typically made are trimming leather for a combat grip because the owner didn't purchase that option initially or changing out clips. A holster is something that you're going to be wearing for years. Spend a little money, and get something worth wearing.

INSPGAD
07-10-2009, 23:54
Well I personally Like my Crossbreed Supertuck holsters have two of them but I ordered the KHolster for my 1911 and I like the xtra leather as I can wear it with out a t shirt and the leather protects my side from the grip of my 1911 it fits great and I use it everyday Use mt supertuck for church LOL
:supergrin:

cdeviney
07-11-2009, 06:15
After reading lots of comments and suggestions on several different forums, I decided to go with the Kholster. I ordered on Sunday, it shipped on Monday, and I received it on Wednesday. I am very happy with this holster. It's not fancy but it is VERY functional. The smooth side of the leather is on the back (on your skin), and feels much better than a gun rubbing against you. I bought mine for my Glock 26 and it fits like a glove; easy to draw, but won't fall out when held upside down. In a pinch, I could use it for my Kel-Tec PF-9 or Walther P22, although the fit is a tad loose. The metal belt clips are quite sturdy and it stays put, with the gun snug against the body. Cant and depth are adjustable, and the leather could be trimmed to suit your individual needs. Jimmy, the owner, got right back to me when I emailed him a couple of questions.

It has a 90 day satisfaction guarantee (you pay the shipping), and a lifetime warranty.

It is $45, including shipping but if you enter a discount code in the 'special instructions' box you get a 10% rebate. (If you need a code: 336879)

I am not associated with this company, just a happy customer. I have only used the holster a couple of days, but it is very comfortable. For usability and price, it is a great value, IMHO.

www.kholster.com (http://www.kholster.com)

Here are some photos:

Kholster IWB with Glock 26
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt302/cdeviney/Kholster/P1000517.jpg

Kholster
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt302/cdeviney/Kholster/P1000525.jpg

Kholster with Glock 26
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt302/cdeviney/Kholster/P1000521.jpg

Kholster with Kel-Tec PF-9
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt302/cdeviney/Kholster/P1000527.jpg

Kholster with Glock 26 Upside Down
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt302/cdeviney/Kholster/P1000530.jpg

dosei
07-11-2009, 06:26
Sheezzzz....
The garbage that passes for a "good holster" these days...it's really sad.

grokdesigns
07-11-2009, 09:45
I've been using one for about a week with a 5.11 Trainer belt at 4 o'clock. I trimmed it up so that I can get a good grip when drawing, I left a little leather to prevent the slide from contacting my body. So far, so good. For $35, it'll do until I can decide on something nicer.

Laramie In MT
07-11-2009, 12:38
I admit that I paid the money for a good hybrid type holster. I went with a Comp-tac M-TAC.

But for $35, I'm gonna just make my own. I have the kydex and other screws, etc on order. I'll report back. I"m going to make some OWB competition holsters, some mag pouches and a few IWB holster. A sheet of 12"x24" kydex costs around 6 bucks.

passive101
07-11-2009, 14:08
The website says 45 dollars now. How can you get it for 33.50 still? In the 50 dollar range it's competing with better holsters for 20 dollars more.

Matthew26
07-11-2009, 14:25
Just another in the chain of knock-offs. The Crossbreed wasn't created from an idea that occurred one day in the shower, either.

Gee, I wonder who was first with a hybrid IWB holster?

Who knows the answer?

Oh, yeah! "The Answer (http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/anforpi.html)."

Still made with the best leather money can buy, and worth every penny.

Oh, well, those who know, know that already.

Merry Christmas from Tucker Gunleather (http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/index.html).

I placed my order for that this week. Very excited and i hear the quality is 2nd to none.

Bannack
07-11-2009, 18:31
Don't like it from its looks, and I don't wanna have to trim it up either.

kentclark
07-25-2009, 16:30
Now on sale until Aug 1:

http://kholster.com/

MooseJaw
07-25-2009, 16:35
Kydex back w/ a leather front holster.. now that could work..

I can't imagine leather against my hot sweaty body for 16 hours a day..

peteG21
07-28-2009, 08:38
Had mines for almost a year know I still love this holster I did trimed it myself, and its one of my favorite IWB holsters...

H2oskierc
07-28-2009, 08:46
I ordered a kholster yesterday around noon for my 27. It is already on its way to me. THAT is impressive!

bbauman
08-04-2009, 17:08
I can't imagine leather against my hot sweaty body for 16 hours a day..

Really it is comfortable, it just doesn't look it. The leather contours to your body.

Last week I wore it almost nonstop, including the 10 hour drive both ways to our vacation spot. Forgot I had it on most of the time.

The leather does seem rather large when you look at it and you could trim it but you don't have to.

Being a tinkerer I changed the clips. The front one I took the hang down off so it just clips on the belt and that is it. On and off is harder but the clip disappears against the belt. The back clip I cut, bent, and put velcro on so it goes behind my belt. (Note the clips are spring steel, you need a vice, heat, oil quench, etc. PM if you want more info)

Sure you can buy holsters that already do these things for twice as much but don't knock the KHolster because it isn't pretty or perfect. The price is good, the holster is great.

$0.02.

Jaxco
08-22-2009, 01:07
Really it is comfortable, it just doesn't look it. The leather contours to your body.

The leather does seem rather large when you look at it and you could trim it but you don't have to.

Sure you can buy holsters that already do these things for twice as much but don't knock the KHolster because it isn't pretty or perfect. The price is good, the holster is great.

$0.02.

completely agree with this post, i am approaching the 6 month point wearing this holster all day, every day... no malfunctions yet

jkd301
11-26-2009, 17:14
I don't post much but decided to get my feet wet. I wear on a daily basis as a retired LEO, old habits are hard to break.

I own several Glock's, 26, 19, 23, 17, 21 and 36. I also own a Crossbreed holster + $80, a Kholster $40, and the Answer + $80. I love the design of these holsters. All are similar in design but not materials as the Crossbreed uses what seems to be a better quality leather backing. I can't tell them apart from a comfort stand point.

I'm not looking for a pretty cover for a chrome plated sissy pistol, so looks are not a consideration. At about half the price if you can get past the looks and just worry about the comfort and functionality the Kholster gets the nod from me. And that is due to price, all of these holster makers have excellent customer service so there is no problem there, The crossbreed is a better looking holster, more so than the Answer that looks similar to the Kholster.

As far as those that don't like to "Mod" their holsters, doing that is really up to the user. I have found no reason to mod mine, that may change when I order one and use a pistol with an extended mag release as I have read where that may be an issue, but I have had a similar problem with other holsters when adding non factory parts to guns.

For a concealment holster that gets worn 8 or more hours a day these designs can't be beat, took me a while to give up the looks of my Milt Sparks and Galco, but once I did I was very satisfied.

Clayton Hufford
11-27-2009, 08:01
The kholster works just as well as the other hybrid rigs out there, at half the price. The quality of materials, and the fit/finish is just as good in my experiance. Jimmy is great to deal with and will respond promptly with answers to any of your questions.

Current discount code- 10-2089. Just enter it in the "special instructions" field for a 10% discount.

Clay

rdc2co
03-03-2010, 13:14
I do not YET own a Kholster, however, I do own one Tucker "Answer", several Crossbreed Holsters, one Com-Tac. Here are my opinions (for what they're worth):
The Tucker has plastic clips that tend to slip off my belt. I didn't like that one as much. No offense to anyone!
The Com-Tac is a little better, but the same problem. No offense to anyone!

I have Crossbreed Holsters for my Glock 26/27, and another for my Ruger LCP. I now carry a Kahr P45 and the Ruger LCP for backup. I like the Crossbreed holster and here's why: The Crossbreed offers a forward rake I like, tuckable, a good "SNAP" when I holster the weapon, meaning a great fit in the Kydex part. The new metal clips hold on VERY tight, and I don't worry at all about dropping the gun. Customer service is great. Good job, Mark!

I also plan to buy a Kholster to see what I think about it. It looks pretty good, especially for the price. Here's why: I want something tuckable- check. I need something to protect my rib cage from "slide bite" (the crescent shape will help with this)- check. I want something I can wear anytime any place and multiple places on my body (point of the hip, kidney, SOB)- Kholster looks like it might work for that. I want unlimited forward rake. I like a forward rake because I am not a big guy and grips tend to cause obvious "bulges" the back of my shirt. The forward rake lifts the grip up and forward above my "love handles" to make a triangle shape.
I am an NRA instructor and I don't want to stand at the front of the classroom telling people that I don't have holster ideas for them. Therefore, I test what I can get my hands on. Look for my opinions later.

StarkG23
03-03-2010, 14:55
I got one of these as well, and it is fantastic. First IWB holster and i love, it. Fits my G23 perfectly.

I cut the leather to shape as it doesn't void the warranty afaik. So i dont have the whole sircle but rather a rather good shap to fit the gun so it doesn't rub against the skin or the mag release :)

Would recommend to anyone!

TJS
03-03-2010, 16:24
Just ordered one for my LCP. Will try it out and report back.

dregotglock
03-03-2010, 18:43
The Kholster is a solid choice and is very comfortable to wear for long days. Would reccomend to anyone.

Glock-lover
03-16-2010, 13:21
I did purchased a kholster for my G-30 ,long story short, I trimmed my kholster too much (%100 my fault) :crying:,I emailed Jimmy and asked him what can I do, he said "don't worry we got you covered"
3 days later one brand new kholster was at my door "free of charge"NOW THIS IS A+++ customer service
Thank you Jimmy:yourock:

TJS
03-16-2010, 14:51
Ordered one for my Ruger LCP. I found out one thing: a tuckable holster is not for me. I returned it and was promptly refunded my money with no questions asked. You can't beat that kind of service!

mrbray101
03-16-2010, 16:15
I purchased one for my Glock 19 a while back when they were less than 30 bucks. I have owned a CTAC and MTAC as well for the same gun.

The Kholster is much much uglier and less refined but it functions exactly the same as the MTAC for me and has the same amount of comfort. I don't really care for the bulky metal clips so I put one some kydex clips from my MTAC and I love it. It serves a point, its cheap, customizable and highly adjustable. I would buy another if I needed one. I have been using it for about 6 months or so.

So bottom line, yes its ugly and "copies" other holsters but it is comfortable, durable, and functional. I don't mind that it is similar to other holsters, there are tons of holsters that look identical to each other.

mrbray101
03-16-2010, 16:16
I did purchased a kholster for my G-30 ,long story short, I trimmed my kholster too much (%100 my fault) :crying:,I emailed Jimmy and asked him what can I do, he said "don't worry we got you covered"
3 days later one brand new kholster was at my door "free of charge"NOW THIS IS A+++ customer service
Thank you Jimmy:yourock:

I have heard a few stories similar to that, Jimmy was very good about communicating with me, he answered emails promptly, and the product was in my hands 3 days after placing the order. Can't complain about that.

GMAN12
03-16-2010, 16:56
Excellent holster for the price. I got one for my G19 about 2mo. ago, wore it for about 2 weeks until I was sure where I wanted to trim it. Now it fits me perfect. As others have said I can wear it all day long and never know it's there.

ponq
05-17-2010, 23:22
Just got mine, so far it feels great.

rdc2co
06-25-2010, 12:32
I've been watching some of the comments here. I've worn all of mine pretty regularly. I now own several Kholsters- that should say something!

It takes less than a week to break it in- soften up the leather and conform to the skin. The full circle helps protect the ribs against the grip of the gun. I chose not to cut mine, but to practice my draw a LOT. It's not bad at all when you get muscle memory established. The metal clips hold to the belt better than some other brands. I've had others that came unclipped. I adjusted mine for a pretty exaggerated forward cant. When tucked in, my wife didn't notice it either. I'm a small guy and get away with a Springfield XD .45 Compact! That's ambitious for a smaller guy.

Some comments suggest that Kholster is ugly. The Glock was considered ugly until people figured out that they rarely jam or malfunction. In this perspective, yes, Kholster is VERY ugly, but works great.

Customer service is great and shipping is very fast. Jimmy does a great job. I hope this helps.

happyguy
06-26-2010, 07:30
I wouldn't waste my money.

Either buy the MTAC or the one Tonerguy sells. You get what you pay for.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

seanmac45
06-26-2010, 08:41
Looks like a pie plate with a kydex holster stapled to it.

I would imagine from the grammar and intellect of the "supporters" that it's rather well received in the local trailer parks.

Love the guy who thinks it's cool to mod it with the clips from the holster they are trying to copy.

I will stick with my VM II's thanks.

jamaicanj
11-22-2010, 00:29
I just looked them up and saw that they are having a black friday sale.

Maybe I'll give them a try.

homeyclaus
11-22-2010, 10:51
I have one, and probably have fewer spelling errors than the person that complained about other reviewers' spelling errors.

It works. The Kydex molding is fine and retains the pistol, and re-holstering is easy enough. You have all the adjustment options you could wish for. The steel clips squeak on thicker belts, but Kydex J-clips and Kydex regular belt clips are also sold as accessories.

I personally see little reason to spend more on "finer leather" for a holster of this type. Once you have sweated all over it for a few months it won't matter anyhow. My skin does not seem to tolerate most leather preservatives very well, so the less treated the leather is, the better. And most people I know personally have also done some trimming of their Comp-Tacs, so "trim-to-fit" is not something specific to Kholster.

Lastly, Kholster and Kwart holsters are a great option for people who want to try this style of holster without coming up with the money for the higher end models. If one wants the better leather, the other clip types, or whatever, it's just another holster order away.

It's a free country bro - why trash other peoples' choices when you personally have no experience with the product? Do you go bashing XD pistols because you don't have one too?

wrangler5
11-22-2010, 15:34
My impression is that Kholster's design (large pie plate, as an earlier poster described it) is intended to offer the maximum range of adjustment options. Once you figure out where the clips should go for YOUR style of carry, you trim off the excess leather, including the leather behind the grip.

You can avoid the DIY approach by getting a more expensive holster, where they've done the work for you at the factory. My MTAC for my Glocks offers a more limited (but still more than adequate) range of adjustments, with finely finished leather edges. But I didn't mind trimming down the Kholster for my HK P7, and I don't mind the less-finished leather edges that result.

TcRoc
11-22-2010, 19:53
[QUOTE=homeyclaus;16341053
It's a free country bro - why trash other peoples' choices when you personally have no experience with the product? [/QUOTE]

Did you forget your on Glocktalk?

I have a Kholster for my G30 ,, I gave it a combat cut and it is very comfortable.
I have a CrossBreed on order for my G19 and will do a comparison to see if in my opinion its worth paying extra.

harlan
11-26-2010, 09:41
Just order one for my G22. Black Friday special - $35 with free shipping. At that price and mostly positive reviews here, figured it's worth checking out.

dieselgrin
11-29-2010, 21:22
Customer support form Kholster is absolutely the best in the business. I have one for my LCP and have made a "combat cut" near the grip and cut a concave off the bottom. Ordered on for my G26 and hope to order one for my SP 101 in January. Have a CB for my G30. Extremely well made but I would have to start raising cattle or horses to pay for the leather I want to buy.

REA9mm
11-29-2010, 21:50
I too was skeptical of kholster at first b/c of the unpolished look. But, I've had mine for my officers model 1911 for about a year now and I carry that weapon about 70% of the time I carry. I've cut out the area behind the grip and some other parts to make for a better draw, I've also adjusted the cant a few different times, to get it just right. I can honestly say it's very comfortable to wear and conceals my weapon under just a t-shirt easily.

I live about 5 miles from Jimmy, so I went over to his house to pick up my Kholster. He's a very nice guy and he invited me to bring my gun over so he could custom mold the kydex. We chatted about guns as he molded the kydex and pieced together my Kholster. He told me if I ever had an issue with it to just come by the house and he'd fix up a new one for me. I guess he knows he's got a quality product to be making that offer. I haven't been back yet, and the next time I do go back, it'll probably be to buy another for my next gun.

maclowry
12-05-2010, 17:00
i ordered mine during the black friday sale. hopfully it arrives soon. can't wait!

BellyUpFish
01-31-2012, 13:07
Looks like a pie plate with a kydex holster stapled to it.

I would imagine from the grammar and intellect of the "supporters" that it's rather well received in the local trailer parks.

Necropost, I know, but I just couldn't help myself. This reply is seriously laughable. LOL.

The same guys with the grammar and intellect "issues" are also on a message board filled with content that you obviously seem to enjoy.

I sure hope those supporters aren't using the same weapon you are, might make you an idiot..

Quality stuff right there..

Creatism
01-31-2012, 13:37
Just got mine. Because I was leaving for work, (no carry at work), I went with my old holster today. Just can't wait till tomorrow and I will try it for the first time.

Typed from my iPhone.

glockfan2327
01-31-2012, 13:56
my review on this holster after a year carrying my glock 23 on it , iit ok leather is cheap and design is ok , for $35 is the best holster you can get

NAS T MAG
01-31-2012, 14:11
And they can be customized and still not void the warranty.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/NAS-T-MAG/9mmTaurus709SliminKholster.jpg
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/NAS-T-MAG/9mmTaurus709SliminModifiedKholsterCrescent.jpg

JimBianchi
01-31-2012, 16:13
I hated my Kholster so much I threw it away. I posted that a Kahr forum recently and the new owner contacted me and explained they had changed owners and upgraded the construction and would like a chance to make amends.

They are shipping m a new one. As soon as I get it I will post a review.

wrangler5
01-31-2012, 17:33
I've got several of 'em now, and while they aren't as elegant as my CompTac MTAC they are fully as functional and at least a third cheaper.

I've come to think of Kholsters as kits rather than finished products when they arrive - they usually can do with some trimming, which I do after I've worn one for a while and figured out just where to set the clips for the depth/cant I want. Then I can trim away the leather that isn't needed to protect my delicate belly from any sharp metal pieces, as well as to give me room to get a good grip on the thing when needed. When I'm done I have a fairly custom design, but without the superior edge finishing you'd get from a professional maker. (I have some of the leather working tools, but not the skill, to make expert-looking cuts and trims.) Since it's worn IWB and nobody sees it but me, I'm not too concerned about how it looks. You may have different standards, of course.

NAS T MAG
01-31-2012, 17:34
I hated my Kholster so much I threw it away. I posted that a Kahr forum recently and the new owner contacted me and explained they had changed owners and upgraded the construction and would like a chance to make amends.

They are shipping m a new one. As soon as I get it I will post a review.

I think that speaks volumes regarding their customer service. If you don't like your new one, I'm sure there are many members on this board who would like a new "gift".

Jaxco
02-16-2012, 16:05
Approaching the 3 year mark with my Kholster - stillllll going strong and naturally, even more comfortable.