Glock 19 High Cap Magazine Problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 High Cap Magazine Problem

glock19luva
12-09-2008, 07:50
I am having a problem with one of my high cap mags for my Glock 19. It loads fine but when it is feeding the ammo into the gun the ammo gets stuck down in the tube. I have a bunch of the same mags and this is the only one that I have a problem with. I have tried to rebuild the mag and it is still doing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Or does anyone know if Glock would fix it if I sent it to them? Again any help would be appreciated. Thanks

srhoades
12-09-2008, 10:03
I suggest a chkdsk /p followed by a defrag.

IndyGunFreak
12-09-2008, 10:39
I suggest a chkdsk /p followed by a defrag.

This sounds like that Antivirus 2008 problem again. Its easier to just format and reinstall.

I'm thinking Eric may need to change the name of this forum, because this has been happening a lot here lately.. :)

IGF

Arc Angel
12-09-2008, 11:08
:supergrin: Too funny! :rofl:

glock19luva
12-09-2008, 17:40
I am so sorry guys! I just realized where I put this, when I went looking for it where it should be! Again my apologies.

IndyGunFreak
12-09-2008, 18:19
I am so sorry guys! I just realized where I put this, when I went looking for it where it should be! Again my apologies.

Eh, you're not the first, and since Eric banished us geeks out of GNG and sent us to TechTalk, we have to find humor somehow...

As for the mag, its hard telling.. If you've replaced all the innards to it (spring, follower, etc.) then it could just be a manufacturer defect. Is this a Glock mag, or some after market mag like MecGar or Scherer.

IGF

Arc Angel
12-09-2008, 20:04
:) IF (1) the follower is OK, and (2) there are no burrs on the interior magazine walls, then, it's got to be the spring.

Here's what you can do: First try, ever so slightly, increasing the angle of the top coil directly underneath the follower. If this doesn't work look at the whole spring. If you see a significant twist from top to bottom, then, try to twist it in the opposite direction until it's more or less straight.

If none of the above work (and this might happen) then simply contact Wolff Gunsprings and order a new spring. That should do it for ya; and, happily, you probably won't have to reformat your hard drive! ;)

IndyGunFreak
12-09-2008, 21:12
When he said he rebuilt the mags, I assume that means he replaced the springs..

IGF

Arc Angel
12-09-2008, 22:15
When he said he rebuilt the mags, I assume that means he replaced the springs ...

:upeyes: I doubt that!

(If he had, he wouldn't have gotten as far as posting; but we can, all, wait for him to tell us.) ;)