SC gets new Concealed Weapons Bill *GOOD NEWS* [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SC gets new Concealed Weapons Bill *GOOD NEWS*

Carbonfly
12-10-2008, 15:34
I know this was posted in the Carry Issues forum, but this is important to Carolina Glockers too.

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=9490667

COLUMBIA, SC (AP) - A South Carolina House member is filing a bill to allow residents to carry weapons without a permit. Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dan Cooper of Piedmont said Tuesday he has filed legislation to allow any law-abiding citizen to carry a weapon.
The Republican says concealed weapons permit laws and other restrictions make it less likely people who obey the law will be armed and does nothing to disarm people willing to break the law.
Tuesday is the first day House members can file new bills for the legislative session that starts Jan. 13.

LAURAPDG26
12-10-2008, 16:05
That is so great for SC. I hope that house member can persuade them...then he can petition for NC. :whistling:

tiger1384
12-10-2008, 22:00
bump for great news if you live in SC.

koolcarkid
12-10-2008, 22:13
Hope it goes through.... that would rock... it would be a while before it actually took effect though, right?

Glockrunner
12-11-2008, 06:33
Hope it goes through.... that would rock... it would be a while before it actually took effect though, right?

Quote from the Bill:
"SECTION 8. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor. "

Carbonfly
12-11-2008, 06:38
I hope they will still keep the CWP permit also so that we can have reciprocity for those citizens that travel to other states.

BadAndy
12-11-2008, 15:07
I hope they will still keep the CWP permit also so that we can have reciprocity for those citizens that travel to other states.
That would be nice of them :supergrin:

Glockphobia
12-12-2008, 05:22
:rock:

taterbob01
01-06-2009, 12:09
anymore news on this or still in the waiting period?

Glockrunner
01-06-2009, 15:47
anymore news on this or still in the waiting period?

GrassRoots GunRights is reviewing the new law.
IIRC, it is going to call for more stringent laws for CWP holders that break the existing laws with stronger fines...

Don't think I like that conscept.

Also, I don't remember it dealing with reciprocity(?) at all.

Carbonfly
01-06-2009, 17:09
GrassRoots GunRights is reviewing the new law.
IIRC, it is going to call for more stringent laws for CWP holders that break the existing laws with stronger fines...

Don't think I like that conscept.

Also, I don't remember it dealing with reciprocity(?) at all.

How well does GrassRoots do at keeping you up to date on the laws, etc that are happening in SC? I'm looking at joining but I don't want to just be throwing away my money when I could be investing in a group that does better lobbying for my rights.

I've talked with a Grassroots member before and it seems like they have a big issue with the NRA's view on things.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

USMCsilver
01-06-2009, 19:39
Sorry, but I don't truely see this as good news.

Some people need "training" and some need to know more about the legalities of carrying.

Call me stupid, or whatever, I don't care. I just don't think it's that great of an idea.

Oh, and this will NEVER pass.

Glockrunner
01-06-2009, 22:06
How well does GrassRoots do at keeping you up to date on the laws, etc that are happening in SC? I'm looking at joining but I don't want to just be throwing away my money when I could be investing in a group that does better lobbying for my rights.

I've talked with a Grassroots member before and it seems like they have a big issue with the NRA's view on things.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

GRGR does a great job of staying on track and keeping it's members informed as to what is happening at the state capitol.
Well worth the money and invested time as we are the mainstay to the current changes made to date on the CWP laws and making SC a more friendly state to carry in.