Microsoft Excel/Works help needed! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Excel/Works help needed!

NateHodge
12-14-2008, 16:47
I use Excel to create job tickets, inventory usage reports, tool usage sheets, and other paperwork accociated with the jobs I do. My work computer has Office 2007 on it, my personal computer has Works installed from the factory.

When I try to open my job tickets, it uses Works, but doesn't display it as it should be. It seems to not be able to translate the data correctly. Is this normal?? Do I need to get Office to open these documents and get them to work correctly?

Disclaimer: I know some of you are thinking "What a dumb ass question", so I'm just saying, I know nothing about software compatibality and these kinds of issues.

Smokin23
12-14-2008, 16:53
Yes its normal. If you create a document with excel, works will have issues reading some of the characters. Any version of office will suffice, you dont necessarely need 07.

NateHodge
12-14-2008, 16:59
Yes its normal. If you create a document with excel, works will have issues reading some of the characters. Any version of office will suffice, you dont necessarely need 07.

Yeah, I knew any version of Excel would do the trick. I just put "07" in there for informational purposes. But I do like 07. I have an Office 97? disc at work, but I don't really care for it. Can I get a free legit copy of Office or even just Excel anywhere? It would be nice to be able to do some of this work at home from a flash drive then move the updated paperwork to my work computer.

stolivar
12-15-2008, 17:30
it is free and pretty well reads and writes MS files. Try it to see if it will work.

steve

Furant
12-16-2008, 09:07
it is free and pretty well reads and writes MS files. Try it to see if it will work.

steve
What he said... http://www.openoffice.org/