2009 Bowling Green IDPA Match Schedule [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Bowling Green IDPA Match Schedule

Gary G23
12-15-2008, 14:08
The Green River Gun Club in Bowling Green KY has announced the schedule for the 2009 IDPA matches. Match dates are as follows:

March 28
April 25
May 23
June 27
July 25
September 26
October 24
November 28

All dates are fourth Saturdays.

All matches will be held at the NEW range (first one you come to).

http://www.bggrgc.com/
http://www.idpa.com/

Check the websites in March for up to date info.

Due to medical issues I am resigning as match director. Dennis Saylor will be taking my place as match director.

I want to thank everyone for making the IDPA program a success this season.

Gary

WillyT117
01-11-2009, 19:06
This is slightly off topic, so please forgive me. But, I'm looking for a good "Home Range" and just relocated to S. Central KY. I live in Edmonton. I checked out the Green River Gun Club site and it looks pretty nice.

I'm not a "Competitive" type shooter. I like to visit a range every 6-8 weeks to practice with my primary self-defense weapon (Handgun) and also like to shoot my rifle 2-3 times a year.

Couple of questions:

1) Is the range "Open" (Can one shoot without supervision?)
2) Can My wife and I both shoot with one membership (She shoots about 1/year)
3) Can my sons come along (They're 10 and 8) Occasionally shooting a .22 Rifle.

Any info would be appreciated.

spikehunter
01-11-2009, 21:28
You may want to check out the Barren River Rod & Gun Club in Glasgow. They would be closer to you and the membership is $22/year for the family.

If you are interested they have their regular monthly meeting on the first Thursday of every month at 7pm.

I've been a member there for years and was on the board for awhile.

I plan on trying to make it down to the GRGC for some IDPA matches this year and their club looks really nice too.

Bren
01-18-2009, 11:31
Never mind - didn't notice there were 2 different Green River clubs in KY (other one in Muihlenberg Co.).

Gary G23
01-19-2009, 15:32
This is slightly off topic, so please forgive me. But, I'm looking for a good "Home Range" and just relocated to S. Central KY. I live in Edmonton. I checked out the Green River Gun Club site and it looks pretty nice.

I'm not a "Competitive" type shooter. I like to visit a range every 6-8 weeks to practice with my primary self-defense weapon (Handgun) and also like to shoot my rifle 2-3 times a year.

Couple of questions:

1) Is the range "Open" (Can one shoot without supervision?)
2) Can My wife and I both shoot with one membership (She shoots about 1/year)
3) Can my sons come along (They're 10 and 8) Occasionally shooting a .22 Rifle.

Any info would be appreciated.

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes