Going to purchase [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Going to purchase

Ceefuhs
12-16-2008, 13:55
Getting ready to pickup a 2nd Gen model 21 with a two letter serial number. Comes with the correct box and appropriate manuals, clips and what not. Has been shot. I am paying $500. Decent price?

Thanks for the help.

Cee

MakeMineA10mm
12-16-2008, 23:12
It's hard to say, because there are a lot of factors, like, what do used Glocks sell for in your area? There is nothing particularly collectible about older 2nd generation Glocks, yet. Maybe in 40-50 years, there will be, but for now, they're just shooters. In my area that price would be a little on the high side.

Also, be aware that there was a "warranty upgrade" on the older G-21s. You'll have to check your serial number with Glock, but it was an out-of-spec pick-up rail that needs to be re-machined. Glock will do this for free, but you'll be out of a slide for a month or two, probably...

Ceefuhs
12-17-2008, 08:27
Thanks for the info!

Cee

m4arc
12-18-2008, 13:45
Unless you like the older style or just want it for your collection I would say the price is high considering that new ones go for $530 around here.

Ceefuhs
12-19-2008, 09:40
>> Unless you like the older style <<

Correct, I dislike the grooves. My hand doesn't fit right.

>> just want it for your collection <<

A small part of it yes.

Thanks again for the input. I thought it was a smidge high, thanks for confirming for me.

JohnJak
12-22-2008, 14:25
It's hard to say, because there are a lot of factors, like, what do used Glocks sell for in your area? There is nothing particularly collectible about older 2nd generation Glocks, yet. Maybe in 40-50 years, there will be, but for now, they're just shooters. In my area that price would be a little on the high side.

Also, be aware that there was a "warranty upgrade" on the older G-21s. You'll have to check your serial number with Glock, but it was an out-of-spec pick-up rail that needs to be re-machined. Glock will do this for free, but you'll be out of a slide for a month or two, probably...

I would not buy a pistol that takes clips. See if they can convert it to the one that takes magazines.