Columbia Hardware store with Guns [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Columbia Hardware store with Guns

Frost
12-21-2008, 08:22
Years ago a former co-worker took me to a hardware store in Columbia that had as I recall as many guns as a dedicated gun shop.

Any of y'all know what the name of the store might be and where it is located?

firemac
12-21-2008, 10:53
Most likely it was Hardwarehouse, they had a good selection and reasonable prices. However they closed both locations a few months ago.

Carbonfly
12-21-2008, 15:22
ACE Hardware sells guns.

Frost
12-21-2008, 17:19
Where is it located.
I travel from North Chuck to Lexington a couple of times a month.
I always try to hit a gun shop or two when I am up there.

glockrod
12-23-2008, 12:51
An Ace hardware store. On Wesmark Boulevard. They sell long guns and pistols. Gun prices are alright. The ammo always seems high, though.

Frost
12-24-2008, 04:55
Ammo is almost always high in a gun shop.

What exit are they from I-26, I really don't know Columbia.

Glockphobia
12-24-2008, 06:33
Ammo is almost always high in a gun shop.

What exit are they from I-26, I really don't know Columbia.

there is no exit from i-26 to get to sumter, unless you take hwy 601? from orangeburg over to 378. but anyway, sumter is about 45min from cola/lex. i would say try out sportsman warehouse in cola,piney grove rd exit. but, i was in there monday and they were out of all glocks and defensive pistol ammo.

BadAndy
12-24-2008, 07:24
Sportsmans Warehouse is out of A LOT of stuff! They haven't restocked powder in probably a month or more now and it's pissing me off. I don't really need any more just yet but I'm getting close and there is no way in hell I'm paying a $40 hazardous material fee just to order some powder online. I may check out Shooters Choice and see what powders they've got.

The FFL I use for transfers is Lake Murray Hardware in Irmo/Ballentine but the only pistols I've seen there have been used and on consignment. They do have some rifles and shotguns though...but they are more a true hardware store than a gun shop.

Glockphobia
12-24-2008, 11:14
Sportsmans Warehouse is out of A LOT of stuff! They haven't restocked powder in probably a month or more now and it's pissing me off. I don't really need any more just yet but I'm getting close and there is no way in hell I'm paying a $40 hazardous material fee just to order some powder online. I may check out Shooters Choice and see what powders they've got.

The FFL I use for transfers is Lake Murray Hardware in Irmo/Ballentine but the only pistols I've seen there have been used and on consignment. They do have some rifles and shotguns though...but they are more a true hardware store than a gun shop.

i agree with that, they were out of ALOT of stuff. looks as if they're selling everything to close up.

pete at lake murray hardware is a nice guy and at one time, use to be the cheapest for doing transfers.

BadAndy
12-24-2008, 15:08
Who does transfers cheaper than him??

Frost
12-24-2008, 16:27
Even the online stores are out of some powders and primers.

Powder Valley has no Varget or Federal large rifle match primers

ranger88
12-30-2008, 18:02
In reference to the OP, the store you are referring to is surely the ACE Hardware store that was in West Columbia. It has gone out of business. And from my personal experience was no great loss as far as the gun side of the business, prices were always too high. Even when they had their "final, clearance, liquidation sale", the prices were laughable. I miss the hardware side of the store and the friendly staff much more.

Glockphobia
12-31-2008, 04:16
Who does transfers cheaper than him??

oh! i was'nt saying Pete isnt the cheapest anymore, just saying the last time i checked he was the cheapest, that was 2 years ago.

BadAndy
12-31-2008, 09:51
Gotcha! He's been doing transfers for $20 all of this year (since I first found him) and he's not far from where I live so it works out great for me :)