Xbox!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Xbox!!!

don51181
12-24-2008, 18:18
My Xbox is going down the drain. It is about 3 years old. I hate the fact that the system with the best games uses garbage hardware. I guess I will try to snag one after Christmas.

JMag
12-24-2008, 19:02
My son's XBox 360 was the victim of the red ring of death two days ago. We mailed it off yesterday for repair. He is now officially in CODWAW withdrawal phase.

Fortunately, he just opened his iPod Touch (very cool apps/games he has downloaded) and he says he will survive until the XBox arrives hopefully repaired.

Good luck with yours. Gamestop usually has used units for around $169, fwiw.

don51181
12-24-2008, 21:46
Thanks for the heads up. What I am going to do is take my HD off and just throw it on a new arcade model for $199 it is a little more but the way these things fail I don't want to buy a used one again. Was yours under warrenty?

JMag
12-25-2008, 00:57
Interestingly, we bought ours for our son last year for Christmas on Dec. 15. He opened it on Christmas. Thing is, Microsoft starts the warranty from the day of purchase (radio tagged?). SO...they wanted $100 for the repair. I said it is NOT happening and I did not understand the silly warranty gig and that I was aware of a recent class action suit filed because the extended three-year warranty Microsoft offered was only for certain red-ring failures...not all.

Long story made shorter...I negotiated a $25 repair with Microsoft picking up all the shipping charges.

I hope it all works out and we get a better unit, repaired or replaced. Time will tell.

don51181
12-25-2008, 02:14
I hope the enjoy the money they saved on cheap hardware and not testing out there product. They will need it since people can buy bootleg 360 games for $3.50. HAHAHA