Southern Classic Gun & Knife show- Jacksonville [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Southern Classic Gun & Knife show- Jacksonville

RustyShackelford
12-26-2008, 00:49
Any members going to attend, or have attended in the past?

December 27-28 at the Fairgrounds (HTTP://floridagunshows.com/)

I hope the link works. I will probably be attending, if it is worthwhile. Can many of you comment on the quality or what to look out for?

Thanks!

pearldrummerelx
12-26-2008, 01:49
They also come to Ft. Lauderdale...Their shows are good...but I'm not sure who will be in jacksonville...I'm used to the people that are at FTL.

randyz
12-26-2008, 06:18
I'm going. I went last time it was there and it was pretty good. Not quite as big as Orlando but much better than Volusia County fairgrounds and Melbourne.

rvrctyrngr
12-26-2008, 06:46
I'm going. Need ammo from GA Arms, and they're supposed to be there. Hope they didn't sell everything in Orlando last weekend!

The show is all right. Can get a little crowded due to the size of the room. I wouldn't expect to find any great deals on firearms, with all the Obama-induced panic buying going on right now.

oldstyle
12-26-2008, 07:35
We're going Sunday. I want a Glock 26, but if I find one I may have to sell a Springfield GI 1911 to keep balance.

stanggt9050
12-26-2008, 14:00
I am going tomorrow...
Looking for anything that grabs my attention:wavey:

FLAHOTROD
12-26-2008, 21:53
Looking for anything that grabs my attention:wavey:

Would that include a Hooters girl?? :rofl:

stanggt9050
12-27-2008, 23:27
Would that include a Hooters girl?? :rofl:

Now that I have been to the show today I understand what you mean...

I picked up some ammo, CM Mags and pearl grips for my Kimber. I got there right at 9 and the line was 75 people or so deep. It was about a 10 min wait so not too bad. As time went on however It got real crowded...I could barely move so I just gave up and left after my few purchases. Hopefully this "panic buying" will end soon so things can get back to normal.

rvrctyrngr
12-28-2008, 08:20
Now that I have been to the show today I understand what you mean...

I picked up some ammo, CM Mags and pearl grips for my Kimber. I got there right at 9 and the line was 75 people or so deep. It was about a 10 min wait so not too bad. As time went on however It got real crowded...I could barely move so I just gave up and left after my few purchases. Hopefully this "panic buying" will end soon so things can get back to normal.

I got there about an hour after you...much later than I wanted to. What a freakin' zoo! Took 20 minutes just to get a ticket and get in!

I didn't even bother 'shopping' or people watching (my favourite part of gun shows). I went to Jerry K's table to get some SXTs, but he was out of what I needed.

Hot-footed it over to the GA arms table. Stood in line for about 20 minutes to grab his last can of 9mm 124gr FMJs, a can of .40 165gr FMJs and a can of .40 165gr JHPs. He had NO cans of 115gr or 124g JHPs.

I carried my ammo back out to the truck. That was one lonnnnnnng walk with 1500 rnds of ammo, let me tell ya. After I caught my breath, I decided I REALLY needed some 9mm JHPs to function test the two FN Hi-Powers I bought a couple of weeks ago. So, against my better judgement, I waded back into the fray. The line at GA Arms wasn't as bad, and I was able to grab a couple hundred rounds of 124gr JHPs and get the hell out of there relatively quickly.

Kind of a hassle, but I got most of what I needed. Was worth it though. I got to spend a few hours at the range with a good friend I hadn't seen in a while.

bocaboca
12-30-2008, 14:11
the tables that had the 2 guys on Segways was fun to watch.

I spoke to one of the vendors who's tables were full of trade-in shotguns as far as the eye could see.
He said the majority of them were traded in for AR's, AK's and other assorted assault weapons.

FLAHOTROD
01-02-2009, 20:19
I spoke to one of the vendors who's tables were full of trade-in shotguns as far as the eye could see.
He said the majority of them were traded in for AR's, AK's and other assorted assault weapons.

Sounds like it would have been a good day to be in the market for a shotgun, or two.