Phonebook problem...still. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Phonebook problem...still.

Generalcarry
12-26-2008, 11:59
I used Microsoft Works Word Processor to make up a personal phone directory. I “assumed” after I typed in all the phone #’s in, I could hit a couple buttons and alphabetize the names. After all, if I were to add a new number anytime soon, it should alphabetize them…..right? Whatever, I can figure out how to do it. I asked this same question on this forum a year or two ago and no one could help.
There HAS to be a way! :dunno:

Sgt. Schultz
12-26-2008, 12:53
Why do you use a word processor as an address/phone book when Windows includes a address book? BTW there are many free (read better) programs available that are designed specifically for that purpose and they will allow you to sort any way you'd like.

Dandapani
12-26-2008, 13:16
Microsoft Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet program) is a better product to use for tables and such like phonebooks.

How is the data arranged in Works? A table? Should be a way to highlight the table and sort it on one or more columns. I'm not familiar with it.

Google is your friend.

Generalcarry
12-26-2008, 16:00
At the beginning I just wanted to keep a few friends phone #'s at hand. It grew into 4 printed pages not including names in the margins and on the back of the pages. I REALLY don't want to learn a spread sheet then retype all that info, but if I have to acquiesce and then ask the wife to type, so be it.