North ATL gun shops [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : North ATL gun shops

Calculated
12-28-2008, 08:06
I will be in Atlanta in the next week or so and I am looking for a really good gun shop in the Jimmy Carter Blvd. area. I want to stay close to I-85 so let me know what's in this area.

squish
12-29-2008, 05:43
that would be american classic marksman in duluth. not really close to i85 but easy enough to get to

cnutco
12-29-2008, 06:46
I am more North, but here is a Google search...
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&view=map&hl=en&q=firearms,+30096&ie=UTF8

Warp
12-29-2008, 21:56
Bull's Eye Indoor Range & Gun

221 W Crogan St
Lawrenceville, GA 30045

Get Directions
(770) 963-6556

I have heard good things about them. A little far for me, but I think it will only be a little ways from where you will be.

myglock17
01-03-2009, 22:39
I will be in Atlanta in the next week or so and I am looking for a really good gun shop in the Jimmy Carter Blvd. area. I want to stay close to I-85 so let me know what's in this area.

I bought my Glock 17 from these folks and they were very knowledgeable and helpful. http://www.davidsgunroom.com/

cowboy05
01-07-2009, 14:36
+1 on David's and American Classic. Friendly folks and competitive prices. Also you might try Tucker Gun on Hwy. 29 http://www.tuckergunllc.com/

The DeKalb County Police seem to frequent the place a good bit. Happy hunting!

StoneDog
01-07-2009, 16:58
Assuming this isn't too late, another plug David's. It's a little closer to 85 - just take Jimmy Carter to Buford Highway and head north. Good people.

Tucker gun isn't bad, but they sell on gunbroker a lot and their instore prices are usually higher than their starting prices on the auction site. They don't really move on prices either, at least not on AR's (and this was way before Obama-mania hit).

beemerphile
01-07-2009, 18:11
Tucker gun isn't bad, but they sell on gunbroker a lot and their instore prices are usually higher than their starting prices on the auction site. They don't really move on prices either, at least not on AR's (and this was way before Obama-mania hit).

Is this the ole "ton80" on Gunbroker? I have bought some items from him and all went well.

StoneDog
01-08-2009, 18:18
He may be fine to deal with online, but their storefront (been around longer than the internet I think) is a different story. The guys are nice enough but cop a real attitude when you ask if prices are negotiable, insulted even. I know three people that have gone there with the intent to buy but walked out. They're sort of like CarMax I guess...

beemerphile
01-08-2009, 19:01
Do you still have to ring the doorbell to get in?

StoneDog
01-08-2009, 20:38
I wonder if we're talking about the same place? No doorbell that I know of and I've been in and out of there once every couple of years since '94 or so.

Warp
01-09-2009, 10:41
I wonder if we're talking about the same place? No doorbell that I know of and I've been in and out of there once every couple of years since '94 or so.

Completely off topic:

Where did you get your avatar?

StoneDog
01-09-2009, 10:51
It's taken from some material related to the movie 300, I think.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

scoose
01-20-2009, 07:27
He may be fine to deal with online, but their storefront (been around longer than the internet I think) is a different story. The guys are nice enough but cop a real attitude when you ask if prices are negotiable, insulted even. I know three people that have gone there with the intent to buy but walked out. They're sort of like CarMax I guess...

Well you don't know me but make it a fourth person. They have a nice store with decent selection but they don't want to talk about the weapons nor do they want to haggle.

They had a Russian SKS in there that was priced about $75 too high IMO but I asked to look at it anyway. I think it all started to go bad when I asked him to tear it down for me. Unfortunately I don't think he knew how ( which is ok, ya can't know EVERY weapon ) and he didn't trust me to tear it down in front of him either....I can understand *kinda*. It's hard to buy a 52 year old weapon without seeing the internals ya know!! ANyway I offered him $375 OTD and without saying a word he removed the weapon from my hands hung it back on the wall and walked away. :faint:

Haven't been back since :dunno:

king-of-typos-91
01-20-2009, 07:44
Bull's Eye Indoor Range & Gun

221 W Crogan St
Lawrenceville, GA 30045

Get Directions
(770) 963-6556

I have heard good things about them. A little far for me, but I think it will only be a little ways from where you will be.

American classic has nothing on this store. This is the store with the second biggest selection and price in GA.

It's worth the little extra drive time to Lawrenceville, the money you will save will pay for the gas and time.

The best Gun shop in GA hands down, http://www.advout.com/. It's worth the extra drive time to Smyrna, the money you will save will pay for the gas and time.

This store is like a gun show, 5,000 guns in stock at all times and you rerely can beat the prices you will find in store. I only know of one place that beat this stores prices, but that store is not in GA, Buds gun store.com.

I find Davids to be waaayyyyy over priced, I have always beat their price by 50.00 and more at most any other gun store.

Tucker gun is a place I will never shop at again because of a problem I had with them. I will say this much, never and I mean never put a gun on consignment with them.

scoose
01-20-2009, 15:21
Are you saying Bullseye has the second largest selection and the best prices in Ga??

Dunno man Clyde Armory has at least as much as they do ( if not more ) and the prices were the same this week as I have hit em both. Franklins has more than they do. Adventure Outdoors has more than they do. Tucker Guns has more than they do.

Thats just in my little area...

The second largest selection in Ga thing...is that something THEY told you??

As far as Adventure Outdoors...I overheard a salesman telling a customer on the phone "No we will not meet or beat Bass Pro Shops...no we will not haggle...no sir the price marked is the price you pay". And thier prices are high!

Tucker Guns was waaaaaaay out of wack on prices.

Davids didn't have anything worth buing IMO today.

StoneDog
01-20-2009, 20:17
Davids always has a very nice selection of handguns. Their semi auto rifles have been a little sparse lately. American Classic is the same way. They were way overcharging for a couple of M4orgeries last time I was in there.

Forsyth County Pawn has had very nice prices on just about everything just about every time I've been in there. It's worth the trip.

scoose
01-20-2009, 21:28
Davids has em coming in. They ordered up at the Shot Show. They said they will start seeing stuff coming in by the end of the week. This is all as of Tuesday morning.