Wireless Mouse and Keyboard [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

rfrf
12-28-2008, 08:51
I have a Dell Dimension 4600, with XP. What is the best wireless keyboard and mouse to purchase? I think Microsoft would be most compatible but I see a lot of Logitech in the stores. Your help is appreciated.

Thank You,

RFRF

The Pontificator
12-28-2008, 09:12
I've owned both. Quality-wise, they're both the same. I don't much care for Logitech's proprietary software, though.

Nicky D
12-28-2008, 10:55
I have used both. I prefer Logitech mice, but the keyboard does not make much of a difference to me. I used a wireless Logitech for years and it worked well. I am currently using a MS wireless keyboard and it has alot of nice features geared towards Vista.

Sgt. Schultz
12-28-2008, 15:56
Both are good ... "test drive" them in the store and see which fits your hands the best.

3 weelin geezer
12-29-2008, 14:05
Can you use them with the wireless internet being that they operate at the same frequency (as well as cordless phones)?

Drjones
12-29-2008, 14:53
I have a Dell Dimension 4600, with XP. What is the best wireless keyboard and mouse to purchase? I think Microsoft would be most compatible but I see a lot of Logitech in the stores. Your help is appreciated.

Thank You,

RFRF

Go to a few different stores where they have a bunch of units out on display and play with them; see which YOU like best; which mouse fits your hand best and which keyboard you like the feel of.

I really like Microsoft's keyboard and mouse products and highly recommend them.

Pierre!
12-29-2008, 18:52
Don't forget to put your cell phone between the transmitter and receiver... then see what happens...

Just a thought... just a thought....

janice6
12-29-2008, 19:00
I have the logitech G7 laser mouse. If I had designed a product with as short a battery life, the Government would have eliminated our company from bidding with the phrase "They simply do not understand the problem". Mouse is nice but don't ever buy one.

duncan
01-05-2009, 13:58
You pay through the nose for the Microsoft wireless devices.

I've used both of them over the years and prefer Logitech devices due to their long standing commitment to input devices compared to MS just farming out the hardware and badging the device.

Currently running a $50 Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combo from Radio Shack on a Dell Latitude D620 with XP SP3, an Insprion 5000 and 8000 laptops (Ubuntu Linux OS) with their USB/PS/2 plug in receiver. Really nice.

Big Al 24
01-05-2009, 17:04
Can you use them with the wireless internet being that they operate at the same frequency (as well as cordless phones)?

No, their wireless connection goes to the dock which plugs into your ps2/usb ports. They make bluetooth keyboards, but they aren't using your wireless network it's a proprietary connection. Basically the keyboard/mouse still plugs into the computer in some way. Wireless in the case of mice and keyboards means that there is no wire that connects directly to the keyboard or mouse so you can hide the receiver under your monitor or something.

Toyman
01-05-2009, 19:14

I think most wireless mice and keyboards from Microsoft, Logitech (including private label equipment for HP and others), IBM, and other major vendors run at 27Mhz.

Wireless routers are 2.4Ghz.

najaboy
01-05-2009, 21:38
I think most wireless mice and keyboards from Microsoft, Logitech (including private label equipment for HP and others), IBM, and other major vendors run at 27Mhz.

Wireless routers are 2.4Mhz.

Just to clarify...
Wireless mice & keyboards generally operate at 27 MHz. However, the frequency of wireless routers is 2.4 GHz

Toyman
01-05-2009, 21:42
Just to clarify...
Wireless mice & keyboards generally operate at 27 MHz. However, the frequency of wireless routers is 2.4 GHz

Ooops. Yep.