dropped letters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : dropped letters

happyguy
12-28-2008, 11:20
I'm having a heck of a time. When I try to type in the reply box on GT my keyboard drops letters. It's almost like there is no keyboard buffer and I'm typing faster than my computer can keep up. If you've ever seen me type you'd know what a joke that is.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Regards,
Happyguy :)

MDBULLET
12-28-2008, 12:39
wired or wireless keyboard?

happyguy
12-28-2008, 12:40
wired or wireless keyboard?

wired

but it's only a problem online.

MDBULLET
12-28-2008, 12:43
I have not had that happen on a wired keyboard in 10 years, It happens every now and the with my wireless set up and all i have to do is move around the infered sensor. The one time it happed with a wired one it was just a bad keyboard. Do you have a spare you can hook up and test out? Dave

happyguy
12-28-2008, 12:47
I have not had that happen on a wired keyboard in 10 years, It happens every now and the with my wireless set up and all i have to do is move around the infered sensor. The one time it happed with a wired one it was just a bad keyboard. Do you have a spare you can hook up and test out? Dave

I don't think it is the keyboard because when I'm not online it isn't a problem.

COMplex
12-28-2008, 14:23
What browser are you using? Does it happen if you use a different browser? Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.

happyguy
12-28-2008, 14:24
What browser are you using? Does it happen if you use a different browser? Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.

IE 7, maybe I'll download Firefox or something and give that a try. It's really getting to be annoying.

Thanks

happyguy
12-28-2008, 17:01
Maybe IE 7 isn't all it's cracked up to be. I downloaded Firefox and the problem has dissappeared

MDBULLET
12-28-2008, 17:09
If it is IE 7 you can always try a windows update and see if there is any new fixes

happyguy
12-28-2008, 18:00
If it is IE 7 you can always try a windows update and see if there is any new fixes

I keep all my stuff pretty well updated but I went to the Microsoft website to see if there was anything that I could find. There wasn't anything for IE 7 but they had the IE 8 Beta listed so I downloaded it and am using it now. So far everything seems fine and web pages open much faster than they did with IE 7

Anyone know of any issues with the IE 8 Beta?

MDBULLET
12-28-2008, 18:25
IE 8 Beta huh? I may go and try that as well,,, thanks for the info. Dave