Gunsmith for Saiga Conversion [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gunsmith for Saiga Conversion

KYJoe
12-28-2008, 16:03
Are there any smiths locally that anyone has used for a Saiga conversion? I am sure there are local smiths that can do it, but not sure if there is anyone who has experience with it. I am in the general Louisville area, but interested in KY as a whole.

Joe

Javelin
12-28-2008, 16:18
Although the conversion is relatively easy to do. To do it well on the other hand is a work of art and there are many ways to mess up your Saiga-12 especially if you are shortening the gas system.

I would recommend you just check out one of these dealers as they are reputable and have been doing conversions for years:

Companies that will do conversions on Saiga-12s:
TROMIX Corp -Tony is the best Saiga smith but not taking orders again till 2011 due to backorders
Rifle Dynamics- have seen good work come from there.
Cadiz Gun Works Office Phone: (740) 942-3175 - offers basic conversions.
Dinzag Arms - not seen their work personally
ISPC EoTach - not seen their work personally

Good places to get your mags and such here:
MD Arms (20-round Drum mag) -Mike is behind but is taking orders
Mississippi Auto Arms - Nathan takes care of his customers and has good prices on mags

Hope this helps.

:wavey:

KYJoe
12-28-2008, 16:37
It certainly does, but I have tried many of those and work orders right now are running anywhere from 12-16 weeks and are pretty pricey. It would be nice if there was a shop local (KY) that could also do a nice job. Just not sure if anyone is out there. For what it matters I am looking to convert the 7.62 not the 12.

EKUJustice
12-28-2008, 17:01
Contact Greg out at Guns Inc in Richmond, KY. I know he has done several of the 12ga, 223 and 7.62 conversions and is a good guy to deal with to boot

SDGlock23
12-31-2008, 07:41
I converted my Saiga 7.62. It's very easily really, just follow the instructions online. The hardest part for me was installing the bullet guide trunion, just because I don't have the tools to do it myself, I had to find someone with a drill press.