ABIT no longer in the motherboard business [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ABIT no longer in the motherboard business

zodiacbw
12-29-2008, 16:49
For you system builders out there, I've always used ABIT boards for my personal builds. They were the board of choice for myself and others who got into overclocking. While quality began to slip, I still wasn't happy with any of the ASUS (though I haven't tried any of their super high-end ones) or other boards I've tried. With that said, for the everyday type stuff I usually do go with ASUS, they are well built in my experience.

Has anyone tried DFI?
What would you suggest for a good board for overclocking?

Razrbk444
12-29-2008, 18:06
I used Abit several years ago. It was a good board, but I switched to MSI and haven't looked back. Why has Abit quit making motherboards?

zodiacbw
12-29-2008, 19:47
They were bought out a couple of years back and now that company is doing a reorg of Universal ABIT. I heard something about one of their top guys went to DFI when they were bought, was thinking of giving them a try. Been wanting to build a Core i7 machine since they came out.

Used one MSI in a build not too long ago, it ran fine and all but it couldn't give enough voltage to the memory. Then again, it was kind of a budget one with integrated video and all.

srhoades
12-29-2008, 20:34
I thought I read the entire Abit division was going belly up, not just the motherboard sector.

IndyGunFreak
12-29-2008, 20:41
Thats sad, I used to use ABIT a lot, my motherboard of preference has went MSI, Asus, ABIT for several years, but I've not used an ABIT in at least 4yrs.

IGF

MDBULLET
12-29-2008, 21:04
I have never used ABIT or actually seen any in awhile,, I remember back in the day I used to use FIC. I have no idea when they went out of business either. Right now I am using BioStar. For the past few years they have been good for me,, I also agree MSI is a wonderful board. I have not upgraded board or chips in a few years and I am now getting the Itch,, I guess I will have to look around to see what is new and exciting!!! Be Safe, Dave