Opinions Of Galco Purses [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Of Galco Purses

PEC-Memphis
12-29-2008, 17:16
Opinions Of Galco Purses

My wife wants to get a CCW purse, and we have looked (online) at the Galco purses. Does anyone have any experiences with a Galco purse?

...feedback, opinions, other suggested brands….

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP2.asp?CatalogID=149

sangerds
12-29-2008, 23:36
My wife bought one of these purses for her .380 http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewstore2.aspx?id=991983&styleid=109 can't beat the price and they seem well built.

Mrs.Cicero
01-03-2009, 13:42
I have a Coronado. it's big, beautiful, and too heavy for my back... choose the smallest one you can get your gun out of easily.

Mrs.C

auburn4
01-03-2009, 14:07
I purchased a nice one for my wife. She switched everything over today. Very reasonable in price. www.romagunbags.com

PilotKitten
01-05-2009, 11:38
I personally like the look of the Coronado's better myself. Having said that though, I still have yet to find one I like the looks/organization of and think of as "perfect". I think the CCW-purse market has been lacking for quite some time.

SouthernGal
01-05-2009, 11:49
I don't know you, and don't know your wife, but I see your username is "PEC--Memphis".

I live in NW MS myself and commute to Memphis every day. I've been carrying now for 9 years (will be 10 years in about 3 weeks).

I sat through two concealed carry classes (I used to live in Cordova) and both of the instructors advised the ladies against carrying in a purse. If you live in Memphis, you know purse snatchings are all too common (as are carjackings, robberies, burglaries and every other crime). This place is a cesspool for thugs.

I don't know a thing about these purses because I never owned one and I refuse to carry in my purse. I want my gun close to me...on my person.

I'm not here to disrespect you or your wife or to discourage her from getting a permit and carrying if you live here, but I promise concealed carry on a woman is possible (even a small woman like myself). Encourage her to try her options there as well.

CPT_CRUNCH
01-05-2009, 12:35
my wife has a galco purse. she carries it every day, i guess she likes it. but i wish she didnt. IMO she is getting real lax in carrying often times i think she forgets she has a gun cause its in that individual compartment.

FrogWithAGlock
01-05-2009, 21:03
I don't know you, and don't know your wife, but I see your username is "PEC--Memphis".

I live in NW MS myself and commute to Memphis every day. I've been carrying now for 9 years (will be 10 years in about 3 weeks).

I sat through two concealed carry classes (I used to live in Cordova) and both of the instructors advised the ladies against carrying in a purse. If you live in Memphis, you know purse snatchings are all too common (as are carjackings, robberies, burglaries and every other crime). This place is a cesspool for thugs.

I don't know a thing about these purses because I never owned one and I refuse to carry in my purse. I want my gun close to me...on my person.

I'm not here to disrespect you or your wife or to discourage her from getting a permit and carrying if you live here, but I promise concealed carry on a woman is possible (even a small woman like myself). Encourage her to try her options there as well.

My sentiments exactly. I would rather have it in my person, than in a purse, for at least a dozen reasons.

Maine1
01-12-2009, 23:31
I am no fan of of-body carries either, BUT...If she is aware of the disadvantages, and is willing to deal with them, its much better than her not carrying at all. I'm still working on the wife, she wants a gun purse.

BuckyP
01-13-2009, 07:26
I bought my wife a Galco purse and it didn't really hold up that well. The following year I got her a Corando and it is holding up much better.

FrogWithAGlock
01-13-2009, 16:01
I can ask my sister what she uses. She has a couple carry purses......

I'll post back when she replies.

FrogWithAGlock
01-14-2009, 06:59
From my sister:

Carry purses are very hard to find - I've seen some good ones in catalogs, but they start in the $300s.

I have a cute little black leather clutch purse (with alternate shoulder strap) that I can use for dressier occasions or with a nice outfit or suit. It is barely big enough for a glock with one mag inserted and no back-ups. Has another zip section for checkbook and credit cards, but barely room for a lipstick. No label on the bag, so I don't know who made it - I got it at the law enforcement gun shop. I usually use my Galco fanny pack - the smallest one they make. Galco is a big carry name.

EMPwoman
01-16-2009, 07:24
I have to agree with SouthernGal on this one. When I first started carrying I tried several of the purses. The coronado I own has a compartment that locks but it is HEAVY. I also have one that I found at the NRA convention this last year but it doesn't lock. So if any of the ladies are like me and have or are around small children, you are afraid to sit it down anywhere.

About a year ago, a friend of ours that is a concealed carry instructor, turned me on to the belly band. Took me a couple of weeks to break it in and I have to wear a shirt under it, but so far it's been one of the best solutions I've found. I'm right-handed so I wear it up under my left breast. It doesn't dig into my ribs the way holsters do and I always have it on me.

Have also found in recent weeks that my husband's ankle holster fits extremely well. It comfortable and is almost invisible under the flare legged jeans I wear.

Girl With A Glock
01-22-2009, 19:02
I carry my little glock 26 in a holster that fits inside my pants waist band area with a little metal clip.I was thinking of the purse option but was always worried what if someone snatches my purse and runs.