Good boots for dove hunting in TX [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good boots for dove hunting in TX

Stupid
12-30-2008, 01:51
What would be a pair of good boots to buy&wear when going dove hunting? I live in TX and it gets hot.

TKM
12-30-2008, 03:07
It's December. It gets cold too.:whistling:

noway
12-30-2008, 06:45
What would be a pair of good boots to buy&wear when going dove hunting? I live in TX and it gets hot.

I'ved used wolverine,timberlands,rocky, my military boots and others.

What do you need? Shank protection, snake protection, comfort,etc....are you walking thru water or mud?

What's your budget?

And where are you hunting at ?

fwiw I just bought these not to long ago for hunting;

http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/product/0005211810087a.shtml

The price is high and probably outside of my chippewa boots, this is the mos I've paid for hunting boots. Shop around go to a store that has them if possible. And if you order online, and they don't look or fit right send them back before cutting off any tags.

and TKM, TX is a variable weather state. Some parts are cold and other parts blazing hot.

Sly9mm
12-30-2008, 08:40
if it's early dove season, go for regular hikers, or hunting boots no higher than 8", uninsulated--unless you're paranoid of snakes--then snake boots are an easy choice. Granted, I'm hunting in Kansas, but we typically do a little walking/hiking, then sit/stand and shoot, so boot choice isn't as important since terrain doesn't dictate the need for anything better--so alot of times, i may just wear my ol' trusty salomon hikers.
But, that said, I agree w/ noway--
we need to know more about the terrain and hunting requirments before recommending a good boot.

Stupid
12-30-2008, 11:26
sorry, try to stay within $100. Mostly woods, water and mud around here, no high mountains. Temp can be anywhere from near freezing to 100+. During dove season, it's about 75+

I am not afraid of snakes but don't want to get bitten of course. :-)

jtull7
12-30-2008, 11:39
Browning Lightweights. The best,

Stupid
12-31-2008, 17:36
I read the review on Browning Lightweight. a lot people complained about the boots not being waterproof. is there any particular model should I look for?

luv2brode
12-31-2008, 20:07
i use my combat boots, by god the army did something for me

CanyonMan
01-06-2009, 17:44
These are my everyday boots, huntin and all.... :supergrin:

OK, To be really specific to your question... I like Danner. They last forever it seems, they are are very tuff. Cabela's carries them, and Cabela's also makes a boot with their name on it, but i found out it is made by Danner as well, just cost less than the Danner name.... Big Business ;)

Good luck
Good hunting

CanyonMan